Forums

Crushing a 1900+ Weakling

Sort:
Yereslov

macer75

18. Nxe4 was indeed a great move! Probably wouldn't have thought of it myself.

Yereslov
macer75 wrote:

18. Nxe4 was indeed a great move! Probably wouldn't have thought of it myself.

You have to account for 19. Rxe3 Nc5! 

Chess4001

Chesscube ratings are highly inflated, as all experienced online players know. Even more than chess.com's rating system (no offense). 18. Kc2 was just an idiotic blunder, probably made in extreme time trouble (which is common in online blitz). 18. Ne5 is simple to see and would easily equalize. 

So you're just sharing with everyone that a so-called 1900+ blundered in a blitz game. This just SERIOUSLY never happens...

shepi13

What happens after 20. Kc1?

Yereslov

Common experience has shown me that most 1900+ players play like average 1500's.

waffllemaster

20.Kc1 and black gave up a piece for two pawns for no reason.

The real tactic to see on move 18 was takes twice on d1 followed with 20...Bh5 attacking both pawns at once.  And if 21.Nd2 then Nxe4 anyway because the fork on f3.

Yereslov
waffllemaster wrote:

20.Kc1 and black gave up a piece for two pawns for no reason.

The real tactic to see on move 18 was takes twice on d1 followed with 20...Bh5 attacking both pawns at once.  And if 21.Nd2 then Nxe4 anyway because the fork on f3.

20. Kc1?

shepi13

As far as I can see, it completely refutes the sacrifice. And wafflemaster seems to agree.

InfiniteFlash

after 7.Nd2, doesn't white have a MASSIVE lead in development giving him a large plus? Actually, the more I look at it with our buddy houdini, it almost gives white a decisive advantage, need not I say, black is doing horribly after the best move. It's kind of funny in a way, after 7.Nd2 black is down a few tempos compared to a normal Qe5 scotch, where white is supposed to play 6...Nge7 7.Nc2 Bxe3 8.Nxe3 Qe5!?, where black is certainly fine. I think carlsen played this in a blitz game vs morozevich at last years tal memorial and they drew.

since white blundered with bb5, he is lost, but i don't believe we can say this is a crushing victory, claiming such is nonsense. A crushing victory, is where you clearly outplay your opponent for the whole game, with consideration to positional aspects of your game. Here you claimed a large material advantage after a critical moment, this is just tactical awareness. The rest is just converting the material.

This game was decided with one move. More like swift judgement was given, not crushing victory. And chesscube players are considerably higher rated compared to chess.com players.

InfiniteFlash
shepi13 wrote:

As far as I can see, it completely refutes the sacrifice. And wafflemaster seems to agree.

unfortunately, black is still up two pawns, so he is still winning. So such a sacrifice, actually leads to simplification if anything.

HallOfFamePlayer

Chess cube players are à lot weaker than chess.com players and thats à fact.

waffllemaster
Randomemory wrote:
shepi13 wrote:

unfortunately, black is still up two pawns, so he is still winning. So such a sacrifice, actually leads to simplification if anything.

18...Rxd1 also leads to simplification and you're a piece up.

InfiniteFlash
waffllemaster wrote:
Randomemory wrote:
shepi13 wrote:

18...Rxd1 also leads to simplification and you're a piece up.

dont tell me that! tell yereslov, the ending after white blundered the piece is trivial lolz

shepi13
Randomemory wrote:
shepi13 wrote:

Black never won the piece back after 20. Kc1, and two pawns is not enough compensation.

InfiniteFlash
shepi13 wrote:
Randomemory wrote:
shepi13 wrote:

Black never won the piece back after 20. Kc1, and two pawns is not enough compensation.

am i missing something?? isnt it level in the amount of pieces after 20.Kc1? and black is up two pawns??

shepi13

My bad, I didn't realize that white had blundered a piece on move 8. So we can conclude that white played at about a 1000 level or less, even most 1100 players I play can hold onto their pieces the first 10 moves. And the sacrifice was not sound, but black was winning anyways.

InfiniteFlash

kk 

Yereslov

The knight sacrifice was sound, though.

I checked with an engine after the game. 

InfiniteFlash

zz