Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
Barefoot_Player

Oran, 

If you don’t care what I write, then why do you respond to my words??

I have never looked down on you – where did you ever get that impression? My goals here were (1) To point out the faults of your reasoning (and there were other problems I simply  chose to ignore) , (2) try to keep the insulting down, both overt and the covert, and (3) try to have the same rules apply to yourself that you apply to others. That’s my base so I can have a decent conversation with another person. And you can try to find faults with my reasoning as well, if you wish!! But you haven’t even tried.

You can’t even seem to be civil here.  

You said, or it can be concluded from your words here, that I was a liar, that I was not as intelligent as you, (and when pointed out to you, you didn’t want to hear about it), that I had problem reading, that my words were rubbish, and you finally, still have a problem calling me by complete screen name (so we can both play the same rules).

(By the way, if “bloody” is not an insult or a swear word, then what is it in this sentence? “Can you not bloody read?”)

But you don’t want to play by the same rules. Instead you want to play a game here of “I am never wrong and I am better than everyone else.”)

I don’t think you want me to play your small game of shaded insults and deniability. If you take offense to the little words I use here, how are you going to handle me if I use really big, strong, words?

If you want to continue this fragile communication, then please drop your anger and try to be civil. If not, well, try to be civil somewhere else.

barefoot_player

Robert_New_Alekhine

Oren has been blocked by jetfighter.

Barefoot_Player

Thanks guys!

barefeoot_player

chesster3145

Barefoot_Player: Thanks. I didn't see Qe2.

chesster3145

I don't know what to call this, but it isn't even funny.

www.chess.com/livechess/game?id=1156301131

Ziryab

Yesterday, I played one of my worst OTB tournament games ever. That poor performance gave my friend and opponent a nice miniature and his first tournament victory againt me in twenty years.

batgirl

oy... against a strong opponent, any slip can become a disaster.  Dan played well.  The beers helped ... probably IPAs.

Ziryab

Dan had a bloody mary chased by a lager with lunch; I had an IPA. He ate a lighter lunch. Maybe he was sharper because of the salad instead of a sandwich.

batgirl
Ziryab wrote:

...I had an IPA.

See. I knew that!

KingKiller18

I played this game as a study break, and I was clearly not focusing on the game at all.  Within the first few moves, I blunder twice, losing a knight and a rook for nothing.  What follows is hilarious—just ignore how poorly I played at first and try to appreciate the finish!

I'll probably show this game to my friends for months as my "Don't ever give up" example, too!  You just never know what might happen....

nosyice

A COOL CARO-KANN TRAP(FOR WHITE)

aman_makhija

OMG! This forum topic has 6240 coments!

Ben_Dubuque

Yeah that's what happens when a thread is 3 years old

nosyice

bird's opening trap

Barefoot_Player

@noisy,

Of course, 4.Nf3 returns the advatnage to White ;)

wolverine96

Here's two games fresh from my first tournament:

Ben_Dubuque

the first one Ne5 is technically better, because after h6 the N on g5 is sort of forced to sac itself on f7 (it is of marginal soundness)

Andre_Harding
chesster3145

Here's a nice little 13-mover with an interference sac:

http://www.chess.com/livechess/game?id=1164138012

chesster3145

1. d4 d5 2. a3 e6 3. Nc3 e5 4. Bf4?! Nc6 5. Nb5 e5! 6. dxe5 a6 7. Nc3 Be6 8. Nf3 d4 9. Ne4 f5 10. Neg5 Qe7 11. b3?! h6 12. Nh3 g5 13. Qd2 g4, 0-1.