Forums

The Multiple Queens Games!

Sort:
Dimitrije_Mandic

I thought it would be interesting to post games where there are multiple pawn promotions on the board. Here I have a few interesting Queen mayhem games:

I hope you like them. If you find any similar games, please post them here!
ADK

Very cool! : )

ADK

Dimitrije_Mandic

OK, now a bonus question: what is the minimum number of moves needed to checkmate the opponent's King in a King and two Queens vs King endgame, with only the mentioned pieces on the board, in a position best for the lone King?

P.S. I don't know the answer to this one, but if you know, go ahead!

Dimitrije_Mandic

Here's another one I found:

If you find any similar game, please post it here. There don't have to be multiple pawn promotions, it's enough that one side has more than one queen in total throughout the game!
Dimitrije_Mandic

Just stumbled upon another one:

You can even post a game of your own here, as long it's with multiple Queens!
Dimitrije_Mandic

I've only just posted one Nezhmetdinov's game, when I discovered another one of his:

Dimitrije_Mandic

This is a game in which Spassky got a second queen on the last move, when Larsen resigned. Enjoy it!

jalali

extra beauty games from great chess champios

Dimitrije_Mandic

By now I'm probably the most famous of the almost-one-man topic creators, but here goes:

Dimitrije_Mandic

Here are two additional games:

gobbel

Nice games, I like the second game where there is 5 queens on the board at the same time.

Dimitrije_Mandic

Here are three games featuring the wild attacker Alexey Shirov:

In case anybody didn't notice, I will post the question asked earlier in the topic: what's the minimum number of moves for checkmate in a King and two Queens versus King endgame, assuming the side with two Queens is in the worst possible position?
Nytik
Dimitrije_Mandic wrote:

OK, now a bonus question: what is the minimum number of moves needed to checkmate the opponent's King in a King and two Queens vs King endgame, with only the mentioned pieces on the board, in a position best for the lone King?

I think the answer is 4, as shown in this game below. Most other placements lead to mates in 3 or 2. The interesting thing is, if you put the white king on g2 instead of h1, it becomes a mate in 3!

Dimitrije_Mandic

Great, thanks!

Dimitrije_Mandic

Now for another of Alekhine's masterpieces:

Dimitrije_Mandic

Yes, another one! This time with Judit Polgar:

Nytik

I was going to accuse you of copying another thread, but noting that I've already posted on this one, it must be the original. Tongue out Excellent additions.

Dimitrije_Mandic

Thanks, Nytik! Recently I saw some new interesting games suitable for this topic, and they may get posted soon! Wink

Eebster
Dimitrije_Mandic wrote:

I think 4 if white to move and 8 if black to move:

Dimitrije_Mandic

That was a rather interesting study! OK, question closed, stay tuned for more Queenish armada!