Forums

All Maharashtra Open FIDE Rated Tournament 2015

Sort:
Caitano05

The story continues but now not only me of all Prizes .....

Learn by playing higher rated players 400+ points than you and though u may lose 20 points ...and get less points ,though u played less Rated Tournaments ,U gain experience your Strength increases u get Lower players so that time u get chance to gain 100 + ....Be cool and enjoy the game of chess.

QUOTE OF THE DAY!!!

‘It’s a great huge game of chess that’s being played – all over the world – if this IS the world at all, you know. Oh, what fun it is! How I WISH I was one of them! I wouldn’t mind being a Pawn, if only I might join–though of course I should LIKE to be a Queen, best.’

-Lewis Carroll,

'Through the Looking Glass'

PrizeDistribution                                             

Top-seeded International Master, Vikramaditya Kulkarni from Western Railways justified his billing by winning the SBI Life All Maharashtra FIDE Rating Chess Tournament, which concluded today at Don Bosco High School, Borivali.

In his last round encounter, he defeated Vedant Panesar to remain unbeaten with a whopping score 9/10 to win the championship comfortably in a field of 310 players. He became richer by Rs.25,000/- and was awarded the B.M. Zaveri Memorial Trophy.

The 2nd place was clinched by Chirag Satkar, who defeated Rajesh Gupta in an all-important last round encounter. Chirag also remained unbeaten throughout with a score of 8.5/10. He was awarded Rs.20,000/-

Ketan Boricha from Mumbai also scored identical points as of Chirag Satkar however, his inferior tie-break pushed to the 3rd place and was awarded Rs.15,000/-

The prize for the youngest participant was awarded to Advay Arora, who had just completed 5-years. The tiny lad from Mumbai scored an impressive 3 points while the youngest girl was Trisha Krishnan.

The best veteran of the tournament Ravindra Nargundkar from Pune who scored an 7/10 while Sangita Jadhav from LIC was declared as the best women player of the tournament

A total cash prize of Rs.1.50 Lakhs and 32 medals were awarded to the winners by Mr.Santosh Chacko, Regional Manager from SBI Life.

The tournament was successfully conducted by the Chief Arbiter, IA Vitthal Madhav under the aegis of Mumbai Suburban District Chess Association

Final Standings and List of prize winners:

Rank

Name

IM

Kulkarni Vikramaditya

Satkar Chirag

Boricha Ketan

Bartakke Amardeep S.

FM

Awate Avinash S

Gajengi Rajababu

Patil Ketan