Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

can magnus carlson cross the 3000 elo barrier

• 4 days ago · Quote · #381

cyberdynsystemsmodel

HMMM AGREEDSO

• 4 days ago · Quote · #382

mnhsr

not by losing to the Saric's of the world.

• 4 days ago · Quote · #383

Indubioproaggredi

a gm explained me: the difference between 2850 and 2900 is bigger than between 1200 and 1800. and you talk about 3000

• 4 days ago · Quote · #384

DjonniDerevnja

mnhsr wrote:

Saric looks like he is heading for 2700, and maybe 2800 later. He is good. There are a bunch of players out there thats dangerous to the top ten. Some of them comes from China. I hope there will be more open tournaments, gathering both the top-players , and a lot more. If it happens I guess the top ten must give up some points, and its a big chance that goes for Magnus too.

I think the Olympiad was fantastic. A lot of good players got games against eachothers and the superstars.

• 3 days ago · Quote · #385

Indubioproaggredi

DjonniDerevnja hat geschrieben:
    mnhsr wrote:

Saric looks like he is heading for 2700, and maybe 2800 later. He is good. There are a bunch of players out there thats dangerous to the top ten. Some of them comes from China. I hope there will be more open tournaments, gathering both the top-players , and a lot more. If it happens I guess the top ten must give up some points, and its a big chance that goes for Magnus too.

I think the Olympiad was fantastic. A lot of good players got games against eachothers and the superstars.

agree - olympiad is an interesting event

• 3 days ago · Quote · #386

MuhammadAreez10

Indubioproaggredi wrote:
    DjonniDerevnja hat geschrieben:
    mnhsr wrote:

agree - olympiad is an interesting event

But, the 2700+ Super-GMs usually lose rating points, which seems unjustified.Tongue Out

• 3 days ago · Quote · #387

DjonniDerevnja

If 2700+ loose points, it is because strong players are coming up. That is how the system ideally shal work. If there are barriers, like invitational top-ten tournaments , these barriers will obstruct the natural flow of rating, and the population on each side of the barrier will get ratings less comparable to eachother.

The super-GM´s might be slightly overrated now, because they don`t play enough outside their superenvironment.

Magnus lost a few points in the Olympiad, and maybe his rating is more precise now.

• 3 days ago · Quote · #388

mnhsr

let's ask him

Post your reply: