Forums

Chess #RESPECT

Sort:
hithesh1111

Chess is a respected game unlike other sports and games. What do you say?? 

macer75

Not to stray off the subject... but don't you hate having to type in that username every time you log in?

hithesh1111
macer75 wrote:

Not to stray off the subject... but don't you hate having to type in that username every time you log in?

The whole username appears when i type "h".

GSHAPIROY

I say defenitaly!!

hithesh1111

yes

Threebeast

yes.

AlxMaster

Chess is far more respected than painting or any arts.

Painting was respected until impressionism messed it all up, it was all downhill from there.

At least in chess it's possible to know who is better than who.

Scottrf

Why is it? and by whom?

indian1960
AlxMaster wrote:

Chess is far more respected than painting or any arts.

Painting was respected until impressionism messed it all up, it was all downhill from there.

Oh really ?........ooooo kkkkk....

David

Respected by whom and for what? Like most questions framed this way, this is far too imprecise to be able to answer with any degree of accuracy...

indian1960

....and you are talking about western european art only....yes ?

AlxMaster

How much money is given as prizes for tournaments is a good sign of respect for the game. Try to become a GM at an obscure, unknown game, even though you may be the best in the world, you wouldn't be able to live from it.

LoveYouSoMuch

chess is only respected by chess players, don't be deluded

Scottrf
AlxMaster wrote:

How much money is given as prizes for tournaments is a good sign of respect for the game. Try to become a GM at an obscure, unknown game, even though you may be the best in the world, you wouldn't be able to live from it.

So the answer is 'Incorrect, pretty much every sports that exists is more highly respected'.

hithesh1111

I've heard people who don't know much chess say, "He is a good chess player. Really intelligent!!!"

pogo85

nah bcuz chess is a finite game no new talents can come   engines will rule this game in the next few decades   im very sorry to say this we can only enjoy for now

InsanePlayer99

I respect chess more than anything else. That is, of course, for the obvious exception of myself.

AlxMaster
pogo85 wrote:

nah bcuz chess is a finite game no new talents can come   engines will rule this game in the next few decades   im very sorry to say this we can only enjoy for now

What do you mean "will"?

Engines already pwn any human alive