Forums

Question for experienced SCID users

Sort:
furtiveking

For those out there who are more experienced with SCID than myself (which I'm sure is many of you), I have a question. I have a DB w/ about 10 million games in it, but since I have a slow/old computer, I have the DB broken into 5 parts, by ECO code (yeah, I know its less effective this way, but it's what I have to deal with). Anyway, I also have a TWIC database. I'd like to incorporate the two. My question is, is there a way I can sort the TWIC database, then separate it by ECO code?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Josh

zxzyz

i'm not an expert but i'm fairly familiar:

open the twic db , then select file >> maintenance >> sort ...

There you see options for sorting -- eco code is one of them.

If you want to merge the two -- not sure what the best way is ...perhaps split the twic by eco and then merge each piece with the piece from the 10 mill db?

furtiveking
zxzyz wrote:

i'm not an expert but i'm fairly familiar:

open the twic db , then select file >> maintenance >> sort ...

There you see options for sorting -- eco code is one of them.

If you want to merge the two -- not sure what the best way is ...perhaps split the twic by eco and then merge each piece with the piece from the 10 mill db?

Ok, that sounds workable, but how do I split the TWIC one? I guess that's the part that's hanging me up. Is there an easy way to split it by ECO code?

zxzyz

not sure .. I guess you can search the header by eco code range? Since you already have the ranges of the 10m db - use that . Say you do A00 to C0, then you open the db switcher make sure you have the 10milldb piece open. Then copy the games into that ...and repeat for all the diff . ranges... 

furtiveking

Ok, I think I can make that work... thanks for the advice!