Forums

Stuff Non-Chess Players Say

Sort:
dragonair234
awesomechess1729 wrote:

I'm going to be playing in a big tournament in February. It's open and it's actually my first tournament, but it's very high stakes for an open tournament. I'm a little nervous, but the point is to just have fun, so I just want to see how I do and hopefully get an official OTB rating. You can find out more about the tournament here:

http://chessandmusic.com/susanpolgarfoundation/

Cool! Looks fun. You must be pretty young to be playing in that tournament.

I hope you have a good time Smile

dragonair234

^BTW are you three preparing for your tournaments? Or just going to go in and wing it? lol

but
dragonair234 wrote:

^BTW are you three preparing for your tournaments? Or just going to go in and wing it? lol

Since my rating is so underinflated, I'm trying to put together a scholastic team.  Right now we have a team of two players (so fourth wasn't bad...)
I've been able to handle 1900's and occasionaly give a 2000 player a head ache...but it's still hard.  I prepare for the tournaments by studing tactics and my dad teaches me variants of openings but most of my knowledge comes from experience.

dragonair234

Carlsen is in the lead by one whole point in the World Chess Championship ^-^

but

@dragon how many profile pics changes have you had?

camberfoil

First was a dragon, then a selfie, then a butterfly, then another selfie, from what I recall.

but

Ehh...I'm not complaining. I don't really care...I was just wondering.

awesomechess1729
Dovestar wrote:

@awesomechess1729

Was that tournament held before a few years back in Las Vegas? cuz I remember playing in one with a similar name or something.

I'm not sure when or where it was last held. I think it might be an annual tournament, but I am not sure.

akafett

Playing in my first online tourney, I wish now that I had some kind of prep before starting. When the game is over I'll post it.

camberfoil

I played in an NSCF tournament on Sunday and crushed the highest-rated player in my section on Board One. BUT I DIDN'T GET A TROPHY!

dragonair234
camberfoil wrote:

First was a dragon, then a selfie, then a butterfly, then another selfie, from what I recall.

Innocent

dragonair234
camberfoil wrote:

I played in an NSCF tournament on Sunday and crushed the highest-rated player in my section on Board One. BUT I DIDN'T GET A TROPHY!

Hmmm.. to make up for that... I sent you a trophy Camber!!! =P

akafett

You softy.

dragonair234

Wink

dragonair234
Dovestar wrote:

@dragonair

I usually don't really prepare by myself, but my dad makes me from time to time...

and don't worry, I still get to eat the turkey

Yuuuuum! Turkey din din

camberfoil
dragonair234 wrote:
camberfoil wrote:

Thank you for the trophy; a shiny digital trophy for all to see does more than a real one that would just collect dust on my dresser. That's going in my Trophy Showcase!

dragonair234
camberfoil wrote:
dragonair234 wrote:
camberfoil wrote:

Thank you for the trophy; a shiny digital trophy for all to see does more than a real one that would just collect dust on my dresser. That's going in my Trophy Showcase!

HEHE!!! But for real, you should have won a trophy! ~.~

camberfoil

Probably. Some of the coordinators were not the brightest tools in the shed.

colinsaul

It's like in the Karate Kid [old version]. Mr Miagee says,'Anybody can buy a black belt.' Anyone can buy a trophy saying 'World's greatest chess player.'

Any hoo. Well done.

camberfoil

Only if Fabiano Caruana buys it will it be true...