Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Sinquefield Cup 2014

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1141

NotAllowedTo

Reality is that so many people are just waiting for ANYBODY (it could be a dog) to "be better" than Carlsen because, well, they HATE Carlsen - because it is "natural" for man to hate another man's success ..... so now, expect a zillion of new Caruana fans.... we, in my days, were not so childish to "hate" a chess player...but what I've seen on Carlsen, well...football-like mentality.... I bet the Norwegian is laughing his a** off...

I've even seen people saying that he is scared... scared of Anand's form (WHAT FORM, he is not playing any event), that now he is scared by Caruana ...

Reality is Carlsen did in chess a 1000 times more than Fabiano, and we should really put this Sinq. in context... a great tourney? Yes. But let's see the games: the only real WOW games were his victories against Carlsen, Aronian, and after a great inaccuracy, his precise attack vs Topalov.

The guy has PREP. And it's damn good. And his prep was better 8,5 times more than other's prep. Plus, he finally managed to learn to use the clock, he was ALWAYS in time trouble in other tourneys, here he improved A LOT.

I mean it's sensational when someone wins 7-0, in any sport, particulary in chess as draws are always present... but you cannot make a blind eye and just follow the result...

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1142

NotAllowedTo

How can you say, on ONE tournament, that now HE is better than Fischer, Karpov etc. etc. That's just plain ridicolous.

His next tourn., things go bad, finishes third...the magic is gone. It can happen. What will people say then??? Mah, IT'S ONLY ONE TOURNAMENT, GUYS, nevermind he won it with 10/10, lost it with 6/10 etc.

One. Tournament.

I had to do this when Carlsen won Pearl with 3002 perf, people were all "WUU AAA WOOOO OOOO WOAAA" ... I said: CALM DOWN, let's wait. I waited and got rewarded, 5 years later he is Classical, Rapid & blitz champion.

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1143

MSC157

NotAllowedTo wrote:

How can you say, on ONE tournament, that now HE is better than Fischer, Karpov etc. etc. That's just plain ridicolous.

His next tourn., things go bad, finishes third...the magic is gone. It can happen. What will people say then??? Mah, IT'S ONLY ONE TOURNAMENT, GUYS, nevermind he won it with 10/10, lost it with 6/10 etc.

One. Tournament.

I had to do this when Carlsen won Pearl with 3002 perf, people were all "WUU AAA WOOOO OOOO WOAAA" ... I said: CALM DOWN, let's wait. I waited and got rewarded, 5 years later he is Classical, Rapid & blitz champion.

Calm down. Wink

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1144

NotAllowedTo

What if I am calm, but sick of people's exagerations?

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1145

MSC157

Still, be calmer. Laughing

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1146

NotAllowedTo

Are you chess.com police or something? I said I am calm. And you are... ?

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1147

MSC157

NotAllowedTo wrote:

Are you chess.com police or something? I said I am calm. And you are... ?

I am VIP. I paid 0$ to get that diamond.

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1148

formyoffdays

I don't want Caruana to do well because I hate Magnus; I want Caruana to do well so there is an interesting match in prospect at some point.  Equally I would like Anand to do better this time round, but I have my doubts like most people.  I still think Carlsen is the best in the world by some margin at the moment, but that's no fun to watch is it?  I would have used more capitals, but NotAllowedTo used them all up. ;-)

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1149

NotAllowedTo

formyoffdays wrote:

I would have used more capitals, but NotAllowedTo used them all up. ;-)

Gotta love internet people!

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1150

fabelhaft

"Everything is downhill from now on for Caruana"

It has been going downhill for a long time already, three games in a row without a single win! :-)

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1151

varelse1

This team match at the Sinquefield is great to watch.

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1152

vultureway

varelse1 hat geschrieben:

This team match at the Sinquefield is great to watch.

In a way, yes. But after the third game out of 5 had been forfeited due to illegal moves one of the Sinquefields had made, I decided that I had enough...

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1153

btickler

I loved the Ultimate Move match, but yeah, one would think the Sinquefields would have done a lot more prep.  Queen blunders and illegal moves and dubious fianchettoing, oh my ;)...

• 3 months ago · Quote · #1154

varelse1

If I was on the same team as Kasparov and Carlsen and all those guys, knowing they would be inheiriting my position, I'd prolly be blundering my queen too!

• 2 months ago · Quote · #1155

btickler

The Chess960 match seems to have vanished into thin air...

Post your reply: