Forums

What grandmaster's games should i study according to my style?

Sort:
chessteenager

The master needs to be at least 2300+ and have  relatively a lot of games in the popular databases. My openings are 1.e4 as white, 1...e5 as black, and i play the KID in response to every other one of white's first moves. I am a positional player although i play these open games. i search to bring activity in to my games which lead to tactical shots.

So basically i need a player who has good opening preparation, plays to bring activity into his positions and doesnt play for draws. And preferably plays 1.e4 and 1...e5. 

Coach-Bill

How much time do you have for chess? This is key to you making progress.

This is too general a question you are asking and you're going to get a lot of answers. All are good answers but who knows if your time will be well-invested or not?

I believe it's best to study your games first. you can do this by going over game scores, and by playing turn-based games. It worked for me, I wouldn't be a NM if it weren't for postal chess back in the day, it forced me to analyze chess positions, and develop my chess skills. All spelled out in my first lesson of my free YouTube program. It's on my website which is my home page on the about me section of my profile here.

chessteenager

I have a lot of time. Im only 17 and all i do is homework and for fun watch chess youtube videos but i want to get serious. Please dont base your advise on my chess.com rating. The other day i placed 13th in a tournament with a score of +4 -2 in a tournament with the top 50 players being 1600+

chessteenager

I am one of those begginers who so thouroughly studied the openings and tried out every single opening just to come abck to 1.e4...e5 because i realize i need to start with the basics. I have the SIlman endgame book, i have my system, i have mastering chess strategy. I have 2 tactics books with over 3k tactics each. I jsut want to be the best chess player i can be from sheer hard work

Coach-Bill
chessteenager wrote:

I have a lot of time. Im only 17 and all i do is homework and for fun watch chess youtube videos but i want to get serious. Please dont base your advise on my chess.com rating. The other day i placed 13th in a tournament with a score of +4 -2 in a tournament with the top 50 players being 1600+

My course caters to all ratings, I don't discriminate. Heck, It's helping absolute beginners up to 2100 plaers trying to crack that elusive 2200 barrier.Well, check out my video lesson001, it's on power point with me blabbing away. I have direction and order to my whole program, something most chess coaches don't. With so much chess literature on the market it's easy to get led the wrong way, or into some dead ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4uI5vSkaYU

I have an 11 lesson program and over 200 other videos up that teach how to analyze games, opening principles, me playing live games and how and what I think when playing. It's a goldmine if you like what you see.