Forums

What is the most boring thing in chess?

Sort:
Tom500

Most boring for me is the 4 knight defence I realy hate it

zborg

Most chess threads.  But everyone is so cuddly, that makes up for it.

zborg
jpd303 wrote:

endgames rule i dont know what y'all are talking about, trading pieces off to get to an endgame where i milk the smallest advantage is a pleasure  :) 

+1  Winning via pawn promotion, after move 60.  Always great fun.

xtophr1

The time it takes to become good enough to actually win a game...

iFrancisco

Can lead to some fun lines.

AnthonyCG wrote:
ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

those who say the ruy lopez is boring doesn't know anything about openings. its like saying the sicilian isnt sharp

4.Bxc6.

Enjoy....

Courtney-P

Perpetual Check

peterb1201
tbro54 wrote:

Book openings. That's why I only play 960 chess now. In 960 chess every game starts out exciting.

QFMFT.

Saint-Paulia

Working chess problems. Seirawan's book Winning Chess Tactics puts me to sleep. And yet boring can be good for you. One certainly needs to study and sometimes boredom is a necessary evil until you get past it and really start to enjoy studying.

ChessSponge

I will agree with people that said some chess books.

Opening up a chess book that is pages of notation with short paragraphs of information before tons more notation. I find those tedious and boring. I'm sure for someone who has played chess for so long that they can read through notation quickly with a vivid, accurate picture in their mind, that those books are interesting.

But for the rest of the people who are still learning and can't work through notation that easy without a board, those types of books are grueling. Even more so with modern technology when all of those same books could be in an interactive format online which would benefit a lot more learning players while also being far more interesting.

heinzie

being down a pawn and already knowing nothing's going to help. Or is that the enfuriating part of chess?

SonofaBishop67

A full point bye Laughing

Ben_Dubuque

1. d4

kgwkyle

When you have no clue what to do next

PLAVIN81

WHEN AFTER 45 MOVES AND THE GAME IS A  DRAW AND YOR PATNER DOES NOT UNDERSTAND WHEN OR WHAT IS A DRAW

Scottrf

Reviewing your own games.

NimzoRoy

Playing people  far below your skill level who refuse to pay attn to anything you tell them to try to improve their game, so now I no longer waste my time playing them.  And I'm not talking about correcting or criticizing them everytime they move but just occasionally trying to teach them something basic that they don't appear to know.

gregkurrell

1. Nf3

Bharadrahmakh

when your playing someone who takes more than two days to make every move no matter how obvious the move is

Swarajya

Following are frustrating things.

1. Vacation time abuse. Man this sucks. Chess.com admin should think about it.

2. Opposite color bishops in end game and opponent refuse to accept draw ( Ofourse winning positions are exceptional )

3. Opponent is 1-2 move away from mate and they literally makes moves as per time allotted i.e. 1move/day or 3move/day. They wait till last minute.

4. Aimless trading of pieces

5. Takes days to make an obvious move. Especially when their king is checked and it has only one place to move.

6. Opponent disconnects in live chess when they are losing and let time run outs.

List of boring thing

I do not find anything boring in chess. It's only our perception. When we are winning we are more than happy and when we are losing then everything is boring.

Apoapsis

19. Rf6!!