TetsuoShima
Twobit wrote:

So, you can find it on the net:

Garry Kasparov: 190

Bobby Fischer: 167

Judith Polgar: 170

Robert Byrne: 170

But Carlsen, should we guess, would be around 180-190

so if that is true we can savely say that iq doesnt mean anything. what iq after that logic would Jesse Livermore have 120???

TetsuoShima

i mean Kasparov is smart no doubt but why should he be smarter then Fischer, but even if we would accept it. Why would Judith and Robert Byrne be smarter then Fischer... that is the greatest bull i ever read in my entire life.

TetsuoShima

i think Fischer had the greatest intelligence by far and then maybe Kasparov and then Carslen.

GenghisCant

I would say an IQ above that of your average potato is required to pass comment.

nameno1had
Yereslov wrote:
goldendog wrote:
Yereslov wrote:

Err, wrong...

He still has a lot of difficulty with his speech and sometimes he barely makes sense.

The irony.

How is that irony? 

lol...that is even funnier...

...you do realize most comedians don't make it... right ?

Argonaut13

TetsuoShima wrote:

Twobit wrote:

So, you can find it on the net:

Garry Kasparov: 190

Bobby Fischer: 167

Judith Polgar: 170

Robert Byrne: 170

But Carlsen, should we guess, would be around 180-190

so if that is true we can savely say that iq doesnt mean anything. what iq after that logic would Jesse Livermore have 120???

Well, just because its on the net doesn't mean it's always true. Where did you get these statistics.

Yereslov

Those IQ scores are "projected."

They are not verified. Just random guesses from "top men."

Nordlandia

being a chess genious often comes at the cost of being somewhat disabled in the real life beside the game. Just look at some of the former world champs like Fischer.

TetsuoShima
CLINTEASTW00D wrote:

being a chess genious often comes at the cost of being somewhat disabled in the real life beside the the game. Just look at some of the former world champs like Fischer.

how was he disabled he had a wife, and he got invited by princes and millionaires. 

TetsuoShima

i think from all those listed Fischer had the highest intelligence.

eddysallin
renumeratedfrog01 wrote:
Twobit wrote:

By the way she is undisputed No. 1 among women...Try to name any other female chess players who tried to beat guys all the time, Vera Menchik discounted (Capa gave her a hard time anyway).               Batgirl ......

LOL, so suddenly we should award people titles based on their relatively strength, rather than the absolute one?

hammmemiilyes

a good chess player shouldn't necessarily have a high iq, he played a lot of games more than all the other grandmasters until he became familiar with many patterns and combinations.And as Shivsky said what a miserable life to spend all day playing a board game.

Ruby-Fischer
TetsuoShima wrote:

i mean Kasparov is smart no doubt but why should he be smarter then Fischer, but even if we would accept it. Why would Judith and Robert Byrne be smarter then Fischer... that is the greatest bull i ever read in my entire life.

Tetsuo - your posts are close to the greatest bull I have ever read in my entire life.

BanishedKing

If someone can become a grandmaster at the age of 13 it can't be explained just by experience. These grandmasters should have something special and it wouldn't be surprising to discover that special thing is high iq. It doesn't mean that all smart people are chess players but it implies that all great chess players are smart.

TheGreatOogieBoogie

Probably around 170. 

NomadicKnight

His IQ is probably huge, just like his gi-normous forehead Laughing

nameno1had

It is 2870 and rising...

Tygert
renumeratedfrog01 wrote:

Who cares about Judith Polgar? she's ranked like #50 in the world....

She would whip your ass so don't insult her.

PatzerLars
Tygert wrote:
renumeratedfrog01 wrote:

Who cares about Judith Polgar? she's ranked like #50 in the world....

She would whip your ass so don't insult her.

yep, she's a real flagellatrice.

MrBlunderful_closed
chessman1504 wrote:
blackdudewhite wrote:

Carlsen is not smart enough to speak 2 languages fluently

He seems to speak English quite well...

As someone who speaks English, I can tell you with certainty that this is inaccurate.