Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

what's the main difference between a 1300 and a 1800 player?

• 9 months ago · Quote · #601

Jimmykay wrote:
    chessman1504 wrote:
    halfgreek1963 wrote:

500 pts. Anymore math questions you need help with?

This joke is getting slightly outdated.

so is the thread.

Isn' 'v'ry'thin' is? Undecided

• 9 months ago · Quote · #602

eastyz wrote:

Play the Caro-Kann as black against e4.  Unless your opponent is strong, he or she will find it difficult to sharpen the struggle.  French is another option as it generally keeps the game closed.  Play also closed (or semi-closed) openings as white such as the English and Kings Indian Attack.  Again, unless you opponent is strong, the game will not sharpen up for a long time.  Against d4, play d5 lines such as the Slav.  There are sharp lines in the Slav but generally it takes two to tango.

Thank you very much. Good suggestions! I will look closer at the slav as my first new openingtraining. Maybe I should start play a lot d4 as white, to get a feeling what the attacker thinks against the slav ( I have been playing e4 always). 

• 9 months ago · Quote · #603

• 9 months ago · Quote · #604

If you play d4 as white, you have to be prepared for the Gruenfeld.  But that only sharpens up if you let it.  Play the Bf4 line.  Black can still sharpen it up from there, but it is harder and only a strong player would know what he is doing.

• 3 months ago · Quote · #605

Whats the difference?

300 rating points. Duh

• 3 months ago · Quote · #606

Thanatos_01 wrote:

the main difference is that one is 500 elo ahead of the other

You just won the internet. lol

• 3 months ago · Quote · #607

The main difference is that the 1800 is a patzer who thinks he or she is skilled, while the 1300 is only a beginner.

• 3 months ago · Quote · #608

I went to 1901 in less than two years, and I still am underrated, providing I perform against masters like I have so far.

• 3 months ago · Quote · #609

Why was this thread revived again? 

• 3 months ago · Quote · #610

ForeverHoldYourPiece wrote:

Why was this thread revived again? 

It happens.Smile

Post your reply: