Forums

Whats with all of the low rated coaches on Chess.com???

Sort:
KvothDuval

ok well even after I posted this forum like 20 more coaches came out...  there was even a forum complaining (by one of the latest people to offer coaching) that others were copying his forum...

royalbishop
I-eat-guini-pigs wrote:

ok well even after I posted this forum like 20 more coaches came out...  there was even a forum complaining (by one of the latest people to offer coaching) that others were copying his forum...

Yeah!

I think you guys need to have a 7 game challenge. Winner takes all the students and loser retires as just a student.

royalbishop

Or serve you pizza on his chess board.

macer75

Believe it or not, I've actually been TA for a weekend chess class for 2 years. of course, it was a class for beginners, and to be more precise, it was elementary school age beginners, but still, there's a lot that a true beginner, who's never played chess before, can learn from another beginner who's been playing semi-seriously for a year or two.

KvothDuval
macer75 wrote:

Believe it or not, I've actually been TA for a weekend chess class for 2 years. of course, it was a class for beginners, and to be more precise, it was elementary school age beginners, but still, there's a lot that a true beginner, who's never played chess before, can learn from another beginner who's been playing semi-seriously for a year or two.

not if the beginer wants to get really good... being taught by any bad player (no offense) (i am also a bad player..) ingranes bad habits which will substantually slaw down progress of a student in the future...

Hi832

my chessmaniac is 2360

KvothDuval
Hi832 wrote:

my chessmaniac is 2360

mine is about 2100 and my real rating is 1450 (OTB)

Oscar_the_Cat

Even though Im only rated around 1500, I can beat Anand.  That's what you get when I coach you, quality advice from someone Anand blatantly refused to play because he doesnt know me.  

KvothDuval

lol