Forums

Why? I cannot pawn promotion,I had more than 10 secends ,then time runs out

Sort:
wjcsz

weitiandilixin

Clicked the QUEEN for more than ten seconds but it didn't promotion,and I lost the game.Why?Why?Why?

Kansha

Thank you for this screenshot! I've been trying to replicate this issue.

Could you please help me by answering the following questions?

What operating system, browser and browser version were you using when this happened?

When was the last time you performed a cache clear on your browser?

Do you have any plugins or addons installed?

wjcsz
Kansha wrote:

Thank you for this screenshot! I've been trying to replicate this issue.

Could you please help me by answering the following questions?

What operating system, browser and browser versionw ere you usign when this happened?

When was the last time you performed a cache clear on your browser?

Do you have any plugins or addons installed?

Chrome,the latest version.I didn't performed a cache clear.Any plugins or addons?Maybe no,but I am not sure.That day I played chess in a internetcafe.There was not chrome on that computer,so I downloaded it and installed it.

Kansha

Can you try a cache clear?

In the meantime I will try to replicate.

wjcsz
Kansha wrote:

Can you try a cache clear?

In the meantime I will try to replicate.

No,I didn't do that.It was a internetcafe computer.It powered off and powered on many times everyday,hundreds of people used it every week.It has a cache clear every starting,isn't it ?

TheGreatOogieBoogie

I looked for his game and he was easily winning.  The amazing thing is, despite how he was winning later his opponent failed to hold the draw. 

35.h5! threatens to create a passed pawn, the black king is too far to do anything.  I read Basic Chess Endgames positions 770-802 today so the concepts are still fresh in my memory.  if the black king is too far from the passed pawn it's a draw even with connected passed pawns (second and third ranks only) as they aren't far enough advanced.  As Nimzovich said passed pawns of a lust to expand.

35...Rxd3 is a blunder as you don't have enough time to pawn grab, but white is preparing to create a passed pawn and your king is too far.

35...Kc7! Is therefore correct, as the king can reach the pawns in time. 

36.Rxd3!!,exd3 37.Kf3,d2 38.Ke2 and your king can blockade his pawns whereas the black king can't blockade white's advanced pawns. 

wjcsz
doduobird123 wrote:

It's funny how white is trying to promote, and there are black pieces, instead of white, and how the queen looks demented.

I played black.a2-a1=queen

wjcsz
pfren wrote:
wjcsz wrote:

No,I didn't do that.It was a internetcafe computer.It powered off and powered on many times everyday,hundreds of people used it every week.It has a cache clear every starting,isn't it ?

Hardly relevant... you just said you installed Chrome yourself, so the browser cache was not cleared (and it does not clear after a reboot, either).

Plus- it's (almost) the first case I hear a user being able to install software at a thin client/ Internet Cafe machine. Dunno about China, but this is highly unlikely to be permitted in most other countries.

sorry,I have only a little knowledge about computer and not good at english.Is chrome not free in other countries?   You can't install free software? why?    why is not permit?

wjcsz

This happened again yesterday!

lookslikeblood

There may be a problem with the computer that you are using.  Some form of conflict with the software chess.com is using.  To eliminate a need for selecting promotion go to the settings pannel and select auto promotion to queen.  Also why not try a different computer (as in not in the internet caffe)? or have you?

wjcsz
lookslikeblood wrote:

There may be a problem with the computer that you are using.  Some form of conflict with the software chess.com is using.  To eliminate a need for selecting promotion go to the settings pannel and select auto promotion to queen.  Also why not try a different computer (as in not in the internet caffe)? or have you?

Thank you.Select "auto promotion to queen" maybe can solve this problem.