Forums

Group Games In 2 hours

Sort:
Shadow_47

I love games of 2 or 3 hours, even 4 hours is not so bad but for the whole game, long games are my favorite type of Chess, always has been, always will be. Only when we start talking about days per move, I lose interest. A hundred days per move is simply to long for me.

Is there a way to play group games that don’t last for more than 4 hours (games not moves), games in which the opponent is forced to finish his game the same day it started? Now if you’re looking to talk about how much you like 10 days per move, this is not the topic here, please try not to get emotional and try as much as you can to follow the topic of this conversation, thanks! So, is there a way to play group games that don’t last for more than 4 hours, games in which the opponent is forced to finish his game the same day it started?

Is it the administrator that is suppose to set the pace of the group games, and if it’s him/her is it possible to select the pace from 2 to maximum 4 hours per game?

Also, in order to play with people not in your friends list, is it possible to set the pace (for less than a day per move, more precisely for {-4} hours per Game) of the game and send them that invite (challenge), if yes, how do I send that type of invite?

I am so sorry but I’m not able to find an option like that in “online chess”. And in “live chess” I have to have people in friends list that are online in order to play with them. In other words, can I send a challenge (non-random) to a person I know that is not in my friends list? Thank You very much for reading this crap, your precious time and concentration is greatly appreciated, cheers! J

Disgruntled_Sheep

I'm fairly sure that in some of my groups I've seen advertised that they will have a 10min per move vote chess game against (insert team name here). That sounds pretty much like what you are talking about?

rooperi

I know there were a few groups (one was called Long Live Chess, iirc) where people posted in group forum to set up games. I'm not sure how popular or large they became, or if t even works. But it does prove that some others like to play the way you do.

rooperi

Disgruntld sheep, that 10 min per move VOTE chess is a team vs team vote event, and its a killer. I played n one of those that lasted over 30 hours, your team must be organised in shifts so people can get some sleep.

rooperi

http://www.chess.com/groups/view/long-live-chess-games

http://www.chess.com/groups/view/long-live-chess

Check out these groups, if you want

Disgruntled_Sheep

Oh, didn't realise that. Thanks for the heads up (I was considering joining one on a free day)!

Shadow_47

thanks I do appreciate that!:))