Forums

Help

Sort:
Pan_Paniscus

Hi, I started having problems playing videos today on my ipad.

From the apps main screen, I'll select the video I want to watch, then the screen slides down to the QuickTime video screen, and then instantly slides back to the videos page. It does it on all iPads and iPhones in the house.

If I try and use safari, there is no video box, just comments for the video.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks

kohai

The team are working on this at the moment. Should be fixed later today hopefully.

Pan_Paniscus

Thanks kohai, app updates look nice

Pan_Paniscus

I still can't see the videos, does anyone know why safari won't play videos?

kco

try some other browers like Chrome etc. ?

Pan_Paniscus

I hadn't tried that kco, I got all excited and installed the app, but unfortunately the same result as safari.

kohai

Is this all of them or just some?

Pan_Paniscus

All of them so far, videos worked in the chess.com app for 5 day after your first post, until today. It might be something I've done, I just don't know.

Pan_Paniscus

Not sure if it matters, but this text box that I'm typing in overlaps the side menu bar on the right that has forum topics in it, happened around the time the videos stopped working.

Pan_Paniscus

I hope it gets fixed soon

stephen_33

Instead of using the App. can't you just use a standard browser like Chrome & view videos on the site that way ?

BTW - Safari doesn't work well with this site, better to try Chrome or Firefox!

Pan_Paniscus

I tried other browsers but the same thing happens, no video.

Pan_Paniscus

So is this a ME problem? Or is there something that is being fixed?

stephen_33

I can play videos without any problems using Chrome with Windows 7 on a laptop, so there doesn't appear to be a general problem.  Perhaps it's your device?  Either way I doubt if anyone's fixing it!

Probably best if you report it to H&S directly..

http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit

FanteDiCoppe

I can not start a new topic. I have the option to post in the topics which are already open but I do not have the option to start a new thread, why?

Sorry for using this topic for help, but like I said, I can not start my own topic, can anyone help me?

stephen_33
FanteDiCoppe wrote:

I can not start a new topic. I have the option to post in the topics which are already open but I do not have the option to start a new thread, why?

Sorry for using this topic for help, but like I said, I can not start my own topic, can anyone help me?

I can't see why not - perhaps you should report it using the link I've given above!

bambimilos

I just lost may game because i declined draft when my opponent offered me,so i decline draft not give resignetion on game,what is going on???????????!!!!!!!

Pan_Paniscus

Not too sure, Probably best if you try report it

http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit

Pan_Paniscus

If anyone is having the same issue as me with videos not playing, my ticket response said that it is a known bug and they're trying to fix it. Sweet! XD