Forums

Q for admin re: Chess960 seeks

Sort:
marvellosity

Hi, don't know if this has been answered before, but taken from the 360 forum:

I am not sure if this has been posted before. But when you issue a Chess960 Challenge there seems to be a small bug.

I put in a rating parameter for the a Chess960 game. The default ranges provided by the interface  are based on my Chess960 rating. Yet when the challenge was accepted the rating range is based on on my opponents online rating not his Chess960 rating.

Is this going to be sorted out? It's extremely annoying :/

Kacparov

Yes, I said it at least once, and many other people did it as well. But I've never seen anyone from the stuff say something about it.

aansel

Perhaps someone will answer this 

Kacparov

maybe if a few hundered people say that they'll answer, but they're certainly willing not to!

WanderingWinder

I'm not sure whether this is related at all, but there are a couple of seeks open for 960 games with DPG1232 (for instance http://www.chess.com/echess/view_game_seek.html?id=9548641). One of them has been up there for at least a week or so, the other has been put up in the last few days. I would like to accept them, but whenever I try to, I get an "Oops!? or server made a dubious move" screen that says that there was some problem and that they were working on the error and would hopefully have it solved within a couple days.

marvellosity

Bump, for admin attention...

marvellosity

Are admins wilfully rude or do they simply not read topics in the help and support section?

marvellosity

Bump until this gets answered, damnit

CoachConradAllison

Perhaps because many people have not played many 960 games, and a standard chess rating would be more accurate

marvellosity

That's not an answer.

CoachConradAllison

yes it is

marvellosity

A completely bogus reasoning for using the wrong ratings is not an answer to "when will it work properly". Sorry.