Forums

Tons of 502 Errors this morning

Sort:
CanonicalKnight

About every other page load, I'm getting a "502 - bad gateway" error message.  So either:

Tons of people want to be on Chess.com this morning (and who wouldn't?) and they're clogging up the Innerwebtubes. Or...

Chess.com's lost a server due to general crankiness or offline for maintenance and the other(s) can't take up the slack seamlessly.  Or...

The ejecta from the massive solar flare the other day is finally hitting and causing communications problems.  Not likely since no other sites I visit are effected.  Or...

Gremlins.

I'm hedging my bets and betting on solar-powered gremlins, but I've been wrong before.

rnow

I'm really struggling with this today. Heaps of errors.

Quickforte

Guys, it's Friday the 13th! (bad luck, it means, if you believe in it (I don't))

Anyway chess.com gave an explanation if not mistaken...

mkelowna

I had the 502 bad gateway error once and chess.com was slow before it but I'm guessing it's fixed up already since it's working perfectly now Wink.

Just watched a little YouTube while waiting.

CanonicalKnight
mkelowna wrote:

I had the 502 bad gateway error once and chess.com was slow before it but I'm guessing it's fixed up already since it's working perfectly now .

Just watched a little YouTube while waiting.

Yup.  Someone must've kicked a server (aka: percussive maintenance).

Spectator94

I got an error message when I wanted to submit a ticket.

Spectator94

It's actually quite annoying, it's rather urgent :(

erik

We did have some network issues at our ISP / datacenter today. I'm very sorry - it was outside of our control. But the datacenter has fixed the issue. My apologies!

Spectator94

Thanks for the response. However, I still get an error message when I want to submit a ticket, could it be a problem on my end instead?

Spectator94

https://support.chess.com/customer/portal/emails/new

is what I'm talking about, btw. 

erik

I'm not having that problem, and we have seen no other reports....

http://i.imgur.com/jH9CJuM.png

Spectator94

Ok, weird. Then maybe my message was too long or something like that. I'll try a thing or two then, thanks for the response.

CanonicalKnight

Thanks for the info, Erik. :)  Of course, after it took about 12 different tries to post my original message here, the problem cleared up.  *looks about for a gremlin (or a server) to kick*

Spectator94

Ok it worked, my ticket has been submitted :)

pjreed

I lost 11 ranking points due to this downage :(

Dirty_Sandbagger
pjreed wrote:

I lost 11 ranking points due to this downage :(

Sounds horrible, I feel with you.

Do you need counseling ?