Forums

Problem 47955

Sort:
Murrel

I was curious so I went looking for the problem that was solved the leaast. The winner seems to be a problem with 0% solved after 58 tries, but what really caught my eye was problem 47955! It's been solved only one half of one percent of the time out of 1,006 tries. Now thats a difficult problem, but it's rating is only 1100! How is that possible??? Shouldn't a problem that hard have a much higher rating?

Sean_The_Pawn

post the problem, i gotta see this

check2008

Problem 47955, black to move. I just can't figure it out!

rooperi

I have noticed similar things as well. There seems to be little or no correlation between success % and rating. I don't really understand this.

shiro_europa
[COMMENT DELETED]
oinquarki

I looked up and tried the problem; passed; It's not so hard. You just gotta see the tricky stalemate tactic with 3. c8=Q?? Bh3+!. The knight sac is pretty intuitive if you see the plan.

heinzie

Happens with move sequences with easy first moves which lower the rating, then a couple of difficult ones which lower the success rate

Murrel

Well solving the problem wasn't the issue, I'm sure if it was presented to stronger players it would be solved more often. But at a rating of 1100 it isn't going to even be seen by most below average club players.

I'm seeing some problems at 2500 that are easier than what I encountered working my way up.

Heinzle seems to have the best answer I've seen so far. Perhaps there should be a different method for ratings problems than for rating the players.

rooperi

Heinzie doesn't say much, but he often has the best answer :)

oinquarki

Yeah. Heinzie is a genius.

jason1

check mate queeen i

bulletplayer2004

obvoiusly Qh4 mate