Forums

Proof Game in 20 moves

Sort:
BigDoggProblem

Play a legal game and reach this position after Black's 20th move.

GreenCastleBlock
First attempt:
Remellion

Wow other people are trying.

In which case all I'll say for now is that the focus of this problem appears to be how white suicides all his pieces. Below is an unsuccessful attempt which indicates what actually needs be done. Black must castle long, and the f1-bishop is a pain to sac; only one square works.

EDIT: This is another of those problems that are hard to solve but easy to construct once you see through the trick. Just got the idea and the game played itself. Hint is in my first paragraph.

BigDoggProblem
Remellion wrote:

Wow other people are trying.

In which case all I'll say for now is that the focus of this problem appears to be how white suicides all his pieces. Below is an unsuccessful attempt which indicates what actually needs be done.

EDIT: This is another of those problems that are hard to solve but easy to construct once you see through the trick. Just got the idea and the game played itself. Hint is in my first paragraph.

That's basically it. Black has a strict schedule to keep. Any white sacrifices must be timed exactly according to when a black piece will be ready to chop it off.

BigDoggProblem
icyviper wrote:

SOLV'D

Composer: Dan Meinking