Forums

Cricket World Cup 2015

Sort:
Stickman13

The Cricket World Cup is now only about 4 hours away, kicking off with New Zealand vs Sri Lanka followed by England vs Australia. India won the tournament last time out but joint hosts Australia want their title back and are looking good in the run up. So far 5 different teams have won, but perhaps there will be a new champion this year? 2015 also sees Afghanistan making their World Cup debut. Please feel welcome to join in the discussions and make your predictions about the tournament here!

You could also join the group 'Cricket' here: http://www.chess.com/groups/join?id=23402

VuduChile

Aussies are favorites, SA are next I think, the WI are so inconsistent that they could look woeful one game (as they have been) and brilliant the next.

Thanks for the forum Stick!

Dangbdang

I think that Australia will beat England,my favourites for the World Cup are South Africa but I think a dark horse to do well are the west indies

Dangbdang

Vuduchile are you sure we're not brothers?

JohnSteed01

I think England will do well to get to the semis. But if they could get off to a good start and beat the Aussies, then who knows?

JohnSteed01

Australia are my favourites too but I think Sri Lanka and New Zealand could come close.

slide_checkmate

We're hoping for an Aus vs New Zealand final here in Australia, but there are so many good sides it's impossible to tell who's going to do well and who's going to crash out early.

I think Afghanistan stand a good chance of winning against Bangladesh... that would be a great story if they managed to win their first ever world cup match!

Phlynny

I'm hoping Scotland will do the best of the British teams. They've had a good lead up.

Stickman13

I'm hoping that Scotland, Ireland, UAE and Afghanistan put up a very good show and between them nick a few surprise wins, hopefully they can convince the ICC not to reduce the tournament back to 10 in 2019-23 as currently planned. I don't think that's good for the sport, it's not going to grow much more internationally if there's no chance of the smaller teams playing on a bigger scale

nibir
slide_checkmate wrote:

I think Afghanistan stand a good chance of winning against Bangladesh... that would be a great story if they managed to win their first ever world cup match!

Everyone is hoping so i think except me Wink. . 

muzgrob

Good start from the New Zealand batting line up.

kco

I think the Aussies are in favourite to win, would like to see NZ in the final.

kco
stuzzicadenti wrote:

good thing the Indians haven't started spamming this thread yet...

j/k

nor the Pakistanis ....Tongue Out are they in the WCC too ?

kco

Australia is making a good start. Sri Lanka is struggling against the Kiwis.

kco

Wow now Austrlia in trouble on the 10th over with 3/70.

Swfc75

great knock by finch (yorkshire lad lol ) come on england 

rvchess777

NZ look really good!

kco

What a finish by the Aussies in the first inning.

Rockerbob_inactive

Aus v New Zealand final, top batsman Finch, bowler Srark

Stickman13

England dropped Finch on 0 and he goes on to get a hundred! England now in a lot of trouble at 90-5 chasing 343 and Finn's hatrick now looks like the most pointless one of all time. Read a stat that the Aussies have never lost in the WC having hit 300, looks like this is about to become a 15th game without loss. Not the best start for us...