Forums

Movie reviews

Sort:
trysts

We're over a hundred-thousand views in this thread! Pretty amazing!

trysts

The Hunger Games(2012)

The movie is about two hours and fifteen minutes long. I made it through about 70 minutes of it. The camera work was just unbearable for me. The shakey, hand-held type of camera work that has been getting worse and worse over the past decade or so. Besides that, the film doesn't show any character development whatsoever. Which is fatal, because a film like this should have many moments of emotion, since it's premise is kids killing kids for a State-run TV show afterall. Yet another bad film, making a ton of money.

mrguy888

The movie is garbage. The books are okay, though.

trysts

And the kids in that film did not look like they were starving.

jesterville

I agree...Hunger Games (2012) was a great disappointment. Personally, I knew I would not have liked it, and would have preferred to wait for my free copy...but my niece and nephew insisted, so I had to take them.

I am pumped to see the Avengers (2012) though...being a comic collector, it is pretty cool to see characters you love be brought to life. Of course this is a true fanboy movie...and should be judged as such...

...it is incredulous that internationally it has already grossed $270M, and domestically $200M...

mrguy888
trysts wrote:

And the kids in that film did not look like they were starving.

That is the least of that movie's problems.

mrguy888
jesterville wrote:

I agree...Hunger Games (2012) was a great disappointment. Personally, I knew I would not have liked it, and would have preferred to wait for my free copy...but my niece and nephew insisted, so I had to take them.

I am pumped to see the Avengers (2012) though...being a comic collector, it is pretty cool to see characters you love be brought to life. Of course this is a true fanboy movie...and should be judged as such...

...it is incredulous that internationally it has already grossed $270M, and domestically $200M...

That one is great. I did not care too much for the other Marvel movies but The Avengers is awesome.

trysts

What are the ten best films based on a comic mag, jesterville?

trysts

I haven't seen many films that are based on the comics(as far as I know), but I liked the first Spiderman, and V for Vendetta. 

jesterville

Hi trysts,

My personal best movies based on a comic mag would be...in no particular order-

- Road to Perdition

- V for Vendetta

- Hellboy

- Men in Black

- Batman Begins

- The Dark Knight

- Ironman

- Spiderman 1 and 2

- Thor

- X2

- The Incredible Hulk

AnnaZC

I am not into boxing at all,

but my pick is, Million Dollar Baby, that last scene, captured me, the love of a "grandfather-like figure"

trysts

Thanks, AnnaZC!

@Jesterville: Thanks for the list! I didn't know that Road to Perdition was based on a comic mag.

AnnaZC

I love vampire movies, but not the Twilight type genre,

"Let me in" tells the tale of a young outcast that is constantly bullied in school, finds solace and friendship in his new mysterious neighbor.

The new friend turns out to be vampire.

trysts

I don't know that I've ever seen a great vampire film, though I haven't seen many. There must be a great vampire film, though, because there has been soooo many of them. Just like the zombie genre, I watched the classics: Nosferatu and Night of the living dead. Both are creepy. 

It just seems that vampires and zombies are great metaphors, so there must have been some great films using those metaphors to their fullest potential.

PLAVIN81

MY WIFE AND I ARE FANS OF TURNER CLASIC MOVIES. I AGREE THAT THE OLDER MOVIES ARE MORE TO A ADULT TASTE

trysts

If TV only had the Turner Classic Movies channel, I would buy a TV.

corrijean

Have you seen Interview With a Vampire? It has stronger plot and characterization than most vampire movies.

trysts

I did see that when it came out, but I watched it for girly reasons then. I should give it another lookSmile

SPARTANEMESIS

I liked Interview With a Vampire.

jesterville

You don't have a TV trysts?...or have you not purchased one?

This forum topic has been locked