Forums

Taunting, Baiting, Insults.

Sort:
Gabriel_Velasquez
AlCzervik wrote:
zazen5 wrote:

Keep in mind that chess was continually played in many of the most dangerous countries, to many people chess is a specific tool to cope with stress, I certainly play it for this reason. 

I didn't know Canada was in such turmoil.

This from a guy in a tropical paradise. Undecided

Gabriel_Velasquez
AndyClifton wrote:

Given that title, I thought this thread was gonna be a lot more fun.

Ohh,  you wanted all of that? here we may have a voyeristic masocist. 

Gabriel_Velasquez
AndyClifton wrote:

I heard they're still reeling over that maple syrup thing.

http://www.maplesyrupworld.com/pages/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-Maple-Syrup.html

Gabriel_Velasquez
bean_Fischer wrote:

I don't know if I should show my sympathy. You are not a new member. You have been here for more than a year. And you should have known better that people are abusing the chat.

Yes, it's wrong to be abusive. But don't think there is no antidote. They are available here: turn off chat, block people, and submitting ticket.

It's your right to complain, but don't expect some sympathy.

"Yes, it's wrong to be abusive. But don't think there is no antidote. They are available here: turn off chat, block people, and submitting ticket." - You have a solutions for everything don't you? they should make you president of the planet, no?

"I don't know if I should show my sympathy. You are not a new member. You have been here for more than a year. And you should have known better that people are abusing the chat." - The stupidity of this statement is staggering, I may have ACCESSED this site (and 5 other chess apps via Facebook) a year ago, but anyone who looks at my game archive can see I started playing this month. If you base all of your desicions on such incorrect information, then you are truly lost. 

"It's your right to complain, but don't expect some sympathy." - Speak for yourself trollmiester. 

OKAY PEOPLE, I'm very thankful for this link, that I was on the page Eric shared: http://www.chess.com/home/privacy

This guy, to put it nicely, gets the honor of being the first one I put on that list. Sealed

Gabriel_Velasquez
valymer wrote:

This thread is pointless because no matter how many people try to tell you to just turn chat off to avoid these clowns, you stubbornly refuse to consider that this is really the best and ONLY option to prevent this from happening.

I guess you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Nonsense, why are you even here speaking to people, why haven't you locked you doors and stayed safe inside where no one can speak harshly or nicely to you???

Gabriel_Velasquez
Savage wrote:

A bit overwrought, methinks. Learn to brush it off, mate.

"overwrought(of a piece of writing or a work of art) too elaborate or complicated in design or construction."

When you are right, and you are forced to prove it, you tend to do that. But I acknowledge your advice, and I resign. The case is closed as far as I'm concerned (I made my Suggestion & Feedback suggestions), and I won't check back here. 

fianchetto37
Gabriel_Velasquez wrote:

I find this to be such a ridiculous statement on so many levels I'm not even going to dignify it with a complete response. I should be able to understand? ha ha, you don't know because you didn't count how many people here say otherwise. Do you even know where you are? This is the Suggestions & Feedback section of the forum, and as I already said, the original post has two suggestions. Did you read those suggestions?? I really doubt it, quite ridiculous.

You're beginning to remind me of the player who bullied you in the first place. Glad this conversation has finally come to an end.

fianchetto37
[COMMENT DELETED]
plotsin

I feel you I blundered a game and a guy asked if I was serious (at my level I dont get what people are so suprised about to see blunders) i just turned off chat and resigned and that was that.

AndyClifton
fianchetto37 wrote:
You're beginning to remind me of the player who bullied you in the first place.

Yeah, I find that happens a lot with people who make such complaints...

AndyClifton
Gabriel_Velasquez wrote:
here we may have a voyeristic masocist. 

Oh yeah?  Well, you're a big meanie!  (And didn't they talk about the Great Maple Syrup Heist up where you live?...it was big news down here.)

pelly13

Today I finished a correspondence game. I was playing white and had a good position and managed to inflict a lot of damage to my opp's pawnstructure , but with the remaining pieces it seems a hell of a job to convert it into a win.

I had the chat open for the entire game and my opp politely responded to my greetings. Near the end of the game he offered a draw a couple of times in succesion but I told him that , although I had my doubts about winning the game , I would give it a try. He said he could live with that and even warned me for an eventual repetition.

Now some of you might think it is unsportive to keep offering a draw , but I think my opponent had a point and I will not complain about it.

Well , I tried and analyzed but I'm probably too lazy to go that long way. So I made a move and offered him a draw.

This was soon accepted , but my opp just couldn't let the opportunity go by to say to me that he was lost and could easily win the game as white.

Was it neccesary to tell me this ? What did he gain by rubbing it in ?

Of course , he wasn't really insulting me here.

So you see , chatting has it's own pro's and con's.

Gabriel_Velasquez
AlCzervik wrote:
Gabriel_Velasquez wrote:

Do these people who said "block & and move on" even know what they are talking about??

Probably.

I'm amused by how much certainty you have in that. 

Gabriel_Velasquez
fianchetto37 wrote:
Gabriel_Velasquez wrote:

I find this to be such a ridiculous statement on so many levels I'm not even going to dignify it with a complete response. I should be able to understand? ha ha, you don't know because you didn't count how many people here say otherwise. Do you even know where you are? This is the Suggestions & Feedback section of the forum, and as I already said, the original post has two suggestions. Did you read those suggestions?? I really doubt it, quite ridiculous.

You're beginning to remind me of the player who bullied you in the first place. Glad this conversation has finally come to an end.

Ha, Ha, more crap from you. This from the person who removes their own quote saying this, 

"You're far too old to be concerned, let alone complaining, about something like this. At this point you should be able to understand that as long as an option to chat is availible, there will be someone to abuse it."

...to make the criticism look unwarrented in it's harshness, and less obvious that you should be taking your own advice.

Why don't you take your own advice then??

kco

...", and I won't check back here. "