Forums

Trophy awards to groups

Sort:
Dietmar

It would be cool if the possibility would exist to award trophies to groups similar to awarding trophies to individuals. Optimally, there would be an upload feature. By doing this groups could display their trophies earned in a team competition. Has anyone at chess.com looked into that?

knightspawn5

Don't think they have Dietmar, nice concept though...

Dietmar

It would be nice. I am trying to hand out the trophies for Season 2 but it is so clumsy the way it works right now.

By the way, Terry, do you know what happened to the "Search Members" feature? In the past you could click on the map and see who is online. Now all I see is coaches, clubs, and events ... Undecided

frazetta

Hmmm... hadn't noticed that. 

Dietmar

Must have changed over the last two months. It makes growing your group a whole lot more difficult if not impossible if you have no way of identifying players from your region ...

frazetta

I remember complaints (quite a while ago) about potential stalkers using the map to find members...

MoonlessNight

I don't think the stalking excuse is a good one, my club friends and I are about 10+ miles from our actual location.

azziralc

This additional feature is also nice, and would be interesting to do have it. So that the group can store a trophy library to show there accomplishments , and success. :D

frazetta

I don't think stalking was a real issue, either; the marker for me was more than 20 miles from where I live, but that's probably why the map doesn't show members anyway. 

I agree that the group trophies would be nice.  Cool

azziralc

Yes. It is nice, I hope chess.com was working for this. :D

Dietmar

Mine was reasonably close but then I live in a city. For my buddy, it showed up in the middle of the woods. The only thing stalking there would have been a cougar.

frazetta

I think it actually showed the location of your ISP; not sure about that.

azziralc

Is ISP really does show your location? I don't think so. I think it's a satellite. lol

azziralc

There's a chess.com map here where we can see chess.com members places.

Dietmar

@nyLsel: Can you direct me to it?

Elizabeth0

Dietmar, I awarded my group the second place trophy by posting it as a photo album on the group. You could do that for yours and suggest that to the other group if you wanted.

Oh, and I agree that map was really great for inviting. That's how our group more than doubled in size in such a short time. Laughing They got rid of it a little more than two weeks ago.

Dietmar

Aw, shucks, I figured that you either used that feature or walked across New Jersey with a billboard in your hand ... Wink

Elizabeth0

lol When I became an admin I made it my goal to become the largest state group on chess.com, but I wasn't quite motivated enough to do it the billboard way. Laughing