Forums

CSC 2013

Sort:
Martin0

A new Vote Chess tournament called CSC 2013 will start at the beginning of the next year. CSC stands for Chess.com Super Cup and is a knockout tournament that will be played annually. The group that manages CSC is CSC and I will be the one responsible for CSC 2013. To register you have to join the CSC group and register your team here. Deadline for registration is January 1st. CSC 2013 will be about the same as CSC 2012 with some small changes that can be read at the bottom of this page. All games in each round will be played simultaneous with 2 days/move settings. A team will play a maximum of 4 games/round and the tournament will go on for several years. Approximated time is 3-5 years. The format is subject to change depending on participants, but it will look something like this.

Qualifier round (if enough teams): All teams play 4 games. Top 32 teams advance

Round 1: 32 teams divided in groups of 2. Winner advance

Round 2: 16 teams divided in groups of 2. Winner advance

Round 3: 8 teams divided in groups of 2. Winner advance

Round 4: 4 teams divided in groups of 2. Winner advance

Final round: Winners from round 4 play for champion. Losers from round 4 play for bronze.

The format used for CSC 2012 can be seen here

When there is a tie both teams advance and they will be added to a group in the next round, so groups may contain more players than planned. If all teams would advance in a round the round will be played over again (not too unlikely in round 4). If there is a tie on the final round both will be considered winners.

Rule changes:

The limit to maximum 4 games/round for each team has been added. If groups contains 2 or 3 teams there will be 2 games/opponent and if a group contains 4 or 5 teams there will be 1 game/opponent.

The main contact for teams is allowed to be an admin and not necessary a super admin for the group. Both main and alternate contact is still required though.

adriano81

Please advise if now is enough Teams to play qualifier round or we are going to start from knockout Round 1 with only two Teams (2 games simultaneously). Please advise

P.S.

because of upcoming World Cup I need to know how many games we are going to play in this tourney from the start

Martin0

It is maximum 4 games/round. This is independent if it is a qualifier round or a knockout round. Probably there will be no qualifier round (more than 32 teams is unlikely as so far only 11 have registered), but the format is likely to change to groups of 3 or something like that (see how it was for CSC 2012 with 18 teams) when there will be 4 games anyway. So count with 4 games in round 1 and if it is too much don't join.

adriano81

if there will be a chance to play from start just 2 simultaneous games just let me know and I register Team ukraine immedeately. Unfortunately 4 games at once is too much for us at the moment