Forums

New and GROSSLY INFERIOR advanced option for thematic tnmts

Sort:
Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

It's not the big red letters, it's the threat (ok so i'm the first) of monetary loss that i expect will do more than calm reason, that is, if enough print in big red letters that they too will fail to renew their membership.  Calm reason hasn't even elicited a word in print by anyone on Staff.  You can talk till you are blue in the face but if no one is listening, what's the use?  there is not a STAFF message anywhere in any of the forum threads on this subject, IN A MONTH! 

XavierPadilla

I would like to show here my support for the issue posted. Chess.com, please bring back the whole list of options, I like the "knights tango" stuff for team challenges.

CHCL

Why did they do this? What did they Gain??? Bring it back! <(")

NimzoRoy
Dark_N_Stormy_Knight wrote:

It's not the big red letters, it's the threat (ok so i'm the first) of monetary loss that i expect will do more than calm reason, that is, if enough print in big red letters that they too will fail to renew their membership.  Calm reason hasn't even elicited a word in print by anyone on Staff.  You can talk till you are blue in the face but if no one is listening, what's the use?  there is not a STAFF message anywhere in any of the forum threads on this subject, IN A MONTH! 

WRONG next time get your facts straight instead of making them up:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/suggestions/group-protest?lc=1#last_comment

Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

Looks like it's about computer speed for people who want translation.  

Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

We might be able to work around it by enforcing an opening move sequence with the threat of expulsion from the tournament for noncompliance.  Of course we'll get protests from those who can't read English.  

TheGrobe

I still don't understand why they don't just let you enter a FEN for these. They should all be unrated anyway.

Steve922477

I recently played in a tournament where evreyone was requested to play just one 'custom' move They wanted 1.e4 d5 2. e5 An excellent tournament for those studying the Scandinavian. Unfortunately, only about half the games managed it! People just forgot. Tak a look...

http://www.chess.com/tournament/scandanivian-advance-white-must-play-2e5

I can't for the life of me see any reason not to allow custom start position.All the objections which I've seen are paltry.

Steve

NimzoRoy

@Steve922477  Never trust anybody to do anything that you have to depend on them to do, and you'll rarely be disappointed.

Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

I expected that would be the case Steve, that's why I haven't mentioned it before.  It woule be hard to remember, especially if you have many games going at the same time.  So until they produce a protocol that would pop up after you move and say: "Now remember, you must play Qxd5 on your next move", it will never work.  Come to think of it, that might be easier that what they are trying to do with all the translation woes they currently have.

NimzoRoy

Copied from another forum, posted there on 03.22.13 about 0530 PST:  http://www.chess.com/forum/view/suggestions/group-protest?lc=1#last_comment

(from) kohai  

Post was made 2 weeks ago.

All programmers on Chess.com do multiple jobs in different areas of the sites code, its not a case of one programmer = one job. They have to shuffle, organise and prioritise their own work schedules on the many different projects they are working on. Sadly asking for something one day doesn't mean its there for you the following. These things take time to create, test, fix if an issue is found, retest before its added to the site. It is time consuming and I'm sorry, but we can't add this as soon as you want it on here. We have said we're bringing it back and we will, as soon as the new way of having it shown is completed and ready to be added:)