Play Like Bobby, Part 3
Learn to play against the Scheveningen Variation of the Sicilian Defense like Robert James 'Bobby' Fischer, considered the greatest chess player of all time. Join BK Academy of Chess as we build an opening repertoire fashioned after Bobby Fischer.
BK Academy of Chess presents:
B80: Sicilian Defense: Scheveningen Variation
1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 e6
Bobby may have played Bc4; however, after losing to Vasily Smyslov, Bobby adopted 6. g4 the Keres Attack as his remedy for the Scheveningen. Here are my notes on this position.
Bobby likes to:
- support the e4-pawn by kicking Black's knight with g5 with a possible
- follow up attack on Black's weak e6-pawn with Ndb5.
- develop the queenside pieces with first the Bishop, followed by the queen, and then castle queenside.
- Support the g5-pawn with h4 and
- complete his development by developing his light squared bishop last.
Together we build, and with BK Academy of Chess we learn how to play like Bobby.