The Ohio Chess Congress
The 70th Ohio Chess Congress held at the Dayton Chess Club
Aug. 30-Sept. 1
$7,200 Guaranteed in Prizes with Four Sections:
OPEN: $1,000-700-400-300-200 (U2200: $450).....OPEN Section FIDE rated.
U1400: $650-350 (U1100: $200)
Draws:"No early draw" rule in effect – 20 moves by each player before draw by agreement.
Re-entry: $35 each re-entry (with half point bye) available after Rds. 1 & 2.
OCA Membership: Required of all Ohio Residents....$15 and $10 jr.
This is Memorial weekend and thus a busy weekend in Dayton....players may have a problem finding a hotel. I made reservations at the Dayton Grand Hotel because the Crown Plaza is sold out. The Grand Hotel (very close walking distant) will be sold out soon too and everybody cannot stay in my room....so here are some hotel options:
Dayton Grand Hotel (937) 461-4700
on corner of 3rd and Ludlow; 11 South Ludlow, Dayton, OH, 45402.
American Plaza Hotel
330 West 1st Street, Dayton, OH – (937) 223-7131
1414 S Patterson Blvd, Dayton, OH – (937) 223-1000
Great Format....6 Round Swiss 40/2, SD/60 d5
- Two games played on Saturday...round times 11:00am & 6:30pm,
- Two games played on Sunday....round times 10:00am & 5:00pm
- Two games played on Monday.....round times 9:00am & 3:30pm
Ohio Congress Quick Championship: the action kicks off Friday Night (Aug 29th)
- 5 Round Swiss - G/24 d5
- $20 Entry Fee
- 1st Round starts at 8:00pm...2nd 9:00pm...3rd 10:00pm...4th 11:00pm...5th 12 midnight
Entry Fee: $90 if by August 23, then $105 afterwards
- OCA Membership required of all OH residents – $15, $10 jr.
- $5 less if DCC member
- GM/IM early EF deducted from prize winnings
OCA Members Meeting Sunday at TBD
OCA Trustees Meeting Monday at TBD