Main Reason For My Faith
Is that God comes searching for you to have a relationship . Thats what he did with me. I started getting interested in God and started to read his Bible.I found that we could have a relationship with the Living Lord of the Universe which we all lack.I found that there was Hope in the mist of life's problems. You here people talking about they have no Hope this is where you go to find it. I have found that life's realities are hard and that you don't have to deal with them alone. Well God loves us enough to send his Son into the world to die to rescue us from hell. Which I didn't take very seriously. God definetely Loves us but on the other hand He punishes are sin as well. “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous ( those who believe) to eternal life.” God's love is not incompatible with the reality of hell he doesn't really want to send anybody to hell. The problem is that most people are not willing to admit that they sin and ask for forgiveness. There not willing to belive or accept the payment of Jesus on the cross which had to paid by someone . God doe's not let sin go only he was able to pay the price for it. Jesus told us his mission was to provide on the cross a way to be forgiven. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” If you want to have the love of God for yourself it starts by having a relationship with Him. C.S. Lewis once said that there is two groups of people. One group says "Thy will be done" those who put there Faith in Jesus and live forever in Love with Him and the second group is people to whom God says "Thy will be done" these are those who reject Jesus Christ and spend eternity apart from Him.Basically it comes down to this qoute from John Scott",I must do more than acknowledge I need a Savior, more even than acknowledge that Jesus Christ was the Savior I needed; it was necessary to accept Him as my Savior" Faith describes what it means to Trust in Jesus it is more than just believing God exists or that he is real. here is what it is:
1) Faith is knowing certain facts about the Jesus's message - that God is holy and that we are seperated from God by our sin, that jesus died as a sinless sacrifice and rose from the dead as triumphant Lord, that we are brought into a right relationship with God through the death and resurrection of Jesus.
2) Faith is believing the facts to be true not some myth. We acknowledge that what God says about are separation from Him and about what Jesus did for us thrugh his redemption is correct.
3) faith is receiving and resting on these facts as true about me " Personally ". I give up every other way of trying to be right with God and "Personally" Trust Jesus alone to save me. I commit myself fully to Him as Savior and King.
Faith is coming to the end of your own efforts and your resources and crying out to God to deliver you from the guilt and penalty of sin and trusting in his promises. you stake everything including your eternal destiny on jesus and his death on the cross for you.
The basic message is simply to Trust in Jesus
All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God to those who believe in His Name.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
The Bible also talks about repentance with the act of becoming a Christian. Repentance means to change your mind and ways.
1) we change our minds about "ourselves" instead as seeing ourselves as basically Good people on our way to heaven trying to earn our own way by being good. We see ourselves as god sees us and the Bible say's we are - lost, separated from God under sin's punishment.
2) we change ar minds about God. He's not a God Who over looks sin. Nor is He waiting to club us when we do wrong. He is Holy , Pure God Who out of grace has done all that is requiredto rescue us from sin and death.
3) we change our minds about Jesus too. he is more than just a religious teacher orsomeone we no about. he is are savior, our Restorer, our Lord.
The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!.
I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,
Changed minds lead to changed actions . Instead of excusing our sin, we admit it and ask God to forgive us and cleanse us. Instead of rejecting Jesus, we now declare our trust in Him and express our commitment to follow Him. Instead of relying on religious rituals or church affiliatin or our own efforts at doing good deeds to make us right with God, we Trust in Jesus alone to make us forgiven before God.
I ask you what is your relationship with Jesus? if you have not become a Christian and want to cry out to Him until you no he has made you a Christian. Find a church to help you on your way with Jesus.Why not do it right now why wait and then not do it later.Cry out to God in faith to save you you don't need anyone to help you. he is there right now waiting for you to do it.He promises to receive all who come to Him in Faith. He will change your life forever.
The Complete Book of Bible Answers / Ron Rhodes
Christianity for Blockheads / Douglas Connelly - Martin Manser