Previously on the Candidates
Feb 28, 2016, 3:47 AM 5
We'll witness the best preperations very very soon. In less than 2 weeks, on 11th March the tourney kicks off.
The participants and how they are qualified:
- Vishy Anand, unlucky of the previous World Championship match
- Veselin Topalov, by the highest rating and the bluest trousers
- Anish Giri, by the highest draw count
- Hikaru Nakamura, by 3200 bullet rating
- Fabiano Caruana, chess.com's last deathmatch winner
- Sergey Karjakin, the youngest GM ever
- Peter Svidler, almost World Cup winner
- Levon Aronian, the wildest charisma
As a warm up let's solve some puzzles from the last candidates tourney (2014)
Knight on the Rim...
My Lady, what are you doing there?
(Hint: Two moves work equally well)
Even they fall for it!
May the tactics be with you! Live long and sac it! I mean sac the bishop! Uh ._." cya soon...