How to Master the In's and Out's of Live Chess
Dear Chess.com Members,
Today i am writing an article on "Live Chess", a detailed blog that will outline and explain almost every aspect of "Live Chess" and its counterparts.
I will be doing this from a "Full screen premium view"
For those of you who don't know what live chess is please read this before continuing:
Ok so let's enter the world of "Live Chess", to enter, go to:
Now your in , If your screen looks like this then please click "Full Board"
if you can. If you can't then continue in simple board so:
Friends - This list all your friends currently logged into the live chess server, you can click on your friends name and select "Invite to chat" or "challenge to game", alternatively you can aslo remove a member from your friend list or block them completely
Chat - This tabs lists all the chatrooms open to you, mainhall is the general chat room , there is also help & support room, and a vast sleection of other national rooms. You can enter any room by clicking on the "rooms" tab and select "join"
Games - This tab shows every game that is currently ongoing on the chess.com live server.
New Game - This tab allows you to create a new game based on the limitations and specifications you apply from the box, such as the "time controls" , "min rating", "max rating" and whether you want it rated or unrated.
Tournaments -This tab lists all the ongoing and upcoming tournamens in live chess, you may join them if you wish or observer them:
Seek Graph -The seek graph is a quick way to set yourself up for a challenge, it lists all the current seeks and you just have to click on which do seems to be in the rating that bests suit you. The "X" axis or (bottom of the graph) is the "TIME" and the "Y" axis or (side of the graph) represents the ratings:
Chat Submission - This is where you enter your chat and press "Enter" or click the arrow to submit it. (basic members may only chat once every 60 seconds)
Home - This will take you back to : www.chess.com/home
Stats - The Stats tab show all your statistics for your games (online games, live chess games, bullet, blitz, standard etc) Here is what mine looks like:
Settings - The settings tab is used to change the various settings around live chess, there are 5 tabs in "settings" (style, play, alerts, tabs, filter)
Help - Brings you to the help and support FAQ's
Logout- Log's you out of live chess and the main site
1) Live Chess has three different ratings based on different time controls:
- Bullet rating - For games under 3 minutes.
2) Obey all the rules and warning the moderators or staff give, it is all conducive to a great atmosphere
3) If you need to report someone, go to "Help" at the top right, and select "Contact Support" on the bottom left of the page.
4) If you are having browser issues or lag, please ensure your:
- not streaming or downloading any media, youtube, mucisc, videos, downloads etc,
5) Live chess Moderators give of their time to volunteer to help other members with questions, problems, directing members to links, and preventing and dealing with abusive members, so please listen and adhere to any advice given, as they are there to uphold the policy and rules chess.com has put in place.
6)kohai is Staff and runs live chess and the moderators, amongst other duties around the rest of the site she is involved in. kohai is very fair and understanding. If she has to speak with you about abuse, please listen and apply the advice given so that you may not slip up again. Persistence in abuse or speech of subjects against site policy could lead to being kicked or banned by her.
Live Chess Rules:
Rules of Behavior
Chess.com is a friendly community. The following behavior is prohibited and can result in your being kicked or banned:
2) Accusations of cheating (naming/shaming)
3) Offensive/vulgar language/toilet humor
4) Personal attacks
5) Spamming (spammy pointless/distracting posts/lettering)
6) Advertising and/or promoting other websites
7) Religious or political topics in Main Hall
9) Discussion of illegal activities (guns/drugs, etc)
10) Posting of any external links
This applies to all rooms in Live Chess with the exception of private chats and Debate room
Fair Play Policy
Click here to view the policy : http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/171/0/fair-play-policy
2) stall to make opponents wait unnecessarily
3) frivolously abort games because they don't want to play black, etc.(Note that we have now implemented a limit on the frequency with which users may abort games; please Abort only when necessary. Also see below.)
4) If your account is flagged for habitually breaking this policy, your play will be restricted, requiring you to wait 5 minutes between games (including aborted games).
So we can see that chess.com is carrying out this policy for those members who out of bad sportsmanship choose to intentionally disconnect or let the time run out
Reporting a member or contacting staff: http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit
How do i claim a draw: http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/40/13/how-do-i-claim-a-draw
How do I challenge a friend to play: http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/127/13/how-do-i-challenge-a-friend-to-play
How do ratings work?: http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/16/13/how-do-ratings-work
Why did the clock time suddenly change?: http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/91/13/why-did-the-clock-times-suddenly-change-the-clocks-seem-broken
How live tournaments work: http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/177/13/how-do-live-tournaments-work-where-can-i-join-one
I hope this has helped, any further questions or anything i missed you think i should add, please feel free to leave a comment or message me or email me at [email protected]