How to think like a master
HOW TO THINK LIKE A MASTER IN CHESS:
When your opponent moves, think the following:
1) Does my opponent have any threats?
2) Does my opponent have any checks, captures, and direct threats?
These are the things you should right away. If your opponent does have a threat, you should calculate where you should move and stop your opponents any threats.
To calculate where to move, think these:
3) What piece(s) is not in the game? (If the piece is not in the game, develop it)
4) What piece can I improve? (If you can improve it, improve it to a better square)
5) Do I have any checks, captures, and direct threats? (Make sure they're useful)
6) Calculate the moves that are good
If you follow these rules, you will have a great time playing and win much more games.