Golden Gambits, Danish Gambit
Welcome friends opponents, and viewers to the Danish Gambit! This Gambit is one of the most agressive Gambits there is and today we'll be looking to see if black can really "defend" against white's plans.
"This opening is not for the faint of heart but for those that enjoy attacking early and often, the Danish Gambit might just become one of your favorite openings" -The chess website
The plan for white is simple, attack the kingside before black can blink. Here are a few main ideas both sides need to know before we starting seeing the result of the Danish Gambit:
- White wants to keep his bishop pair even if it costs him.
- White would like to be fully developed before black can castle.
- Black would like to protect f7 by developing his bishop. (e6)
- White needs to use the queen to help the bishop by playing Qb3.
- Black needs to either gambit pawns and develop or play very carefully and avoid all attacks.
- Danish Gambit games last under 20 moves
Here is an example of the Danish Gambit's power:
Thanks to Chess games for providing the game. ^
Now that you have everything you need and have seen the result is this a golden gambit? After going through it many times and trying to come to a choice I have decided that you the reader will have to comment and let me know as I can't come to a clear answer. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next blog, -Kingdom_Hearts
I have been very busy with school but will try my best to post often, thanks, -KH