- Blogging is a good way to share your experiences, and in some cases, your expertise with a certain community. Here, on this website, I am happy to see so many contributions being made to help further leaning. I’ve enjoyed all the articles, blogs, forums, and downloads so much, that I’ve almost completely forgotten about my chess library.
- I was wondering, how was it possible for erik (inventor of chess.com), to secure the “Chess.com” domain name for such a new website. One would think, that domain would have been snagged years ago. Did they buy it from the previous owner? Did they own it for all these years? Or was it simply readily available upon the creation of this site?
- Many people capitalize erik’s name, but it’s not written that way. Why is that? It is a name, right? Was it a typo? Had he been awake for many days struggling to upload all the files for the site, and his brain was not working properly due to lack of sleep? Taking a look at his profile, he has accumulated 4985 points! That’s an amazing number!
- Yesterday, June 25, chess.com went down. He says it took five times longer than expected. I’m always perplexed by the red letters that say “We’ll be back up in just a few moments!” And then your waiting for another hour. Not to say anything negative here; to continue it’s superb development, chess.com need’s down time. And if that’s what it takes, than by all means, go ahead and take the whole day! :)
- You may want to know why I’m just rambling on like this? Well, today, I have a cold. It set in bad today, and I feel awful. This is the time to sit down in front of the computer! :) No, seriously, nothing has been happening to write about. NOTHING! I just need to rattle off some random rants, and that makes me feel better. Thanks for staying with me people! Perhaps by tomorrow, I’ll have something a little more interesting to write about.
- This Saturday, at the MACA (and, no, that’s not the Massachusetts Chess Association, it’s the Marshfield Area Chess Association), we’re starting our first chess tournament! We are a very new club, but already we’re doing very well with memberships. I am looking forward to it so much! We’re predicting less attendance during the summer months, but I hope this tournament helps to encourage people to come until the dead of winter when they’ll have nothing to do anyway. Of course, the people that really love the game, and that are serious about it, will be there every month. Yes, right now, we’re only meeting once a month. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it seems to be working so far.
- Alright, now I’m so tired, and so sick, I just need to go curl up on the couch. Nah, it’s not that bad; I’ll be back to regular by tomorrow. I hope! :)
- So, go, make a blog, or share your thoughts in the forums, or write an article, and make chess.com a better place!
“Sick Boy”, Knightly - I’ll get better, I promise! :)