One of my resolutions this year is to become a decent chess player. So I'm going to set myself some quantative goals.
1. Play actual real world tournments and get rated.
2. End year with a minimum rating of 1100 (Is this over ambitious? Is it too low a goal? I really have no idea).
3. Improve Chess.com ratings. My targets are:
- a. Online Standard rating: 1400
- b. Live Standard rating: 1300
- c. Live Blitz rating: 1100
- d. Live Bullet rating 1000
- e. Online 960 rating 1000
To do this I have gotten myself a preimum membership on chess.com and found a group to play with on Sundays. Once I get more comfortable playing casually, I will start going to a place in Berkeley where they play rated games. There is even a chess course, only $60, that I might enroll in.
Obviously, this blog entry is for my own benifits. But if someone sees this and gets insprised to improve their own game that's great too.