Weekly Analysis #6
Recently a few people have taken me up on my request for games. I have learned a lot from playing people who have graciously taken the time to read my blog and play some chess with me. So thank you to all of you who have done so.
The following game is against a nice member named Performance7. He is quite a bit higher rated than myself, but gave me a great game and some helpful feedback after our match. I played as black and ended up losing, here is the game annotated from my perspective.
- Just because castling is an option in one direction, doesn't make it the best choice.
- It is nice to make some moves that are outside of my usual comfort zone, but I need to be consistent with them. (so when I make a move with my LSB to weaken my opponents kingside defense, if I have the chance to continue on that theme or attack any weakness I created, I need to take it.)
- As per usual, I missed a rather key tactic that put me behind in material and weakened my position rather seriously.
- I need to take a bit more time on my moves early on. Some of the mistakes I made I saw right away when I analyzed the game. I think I could see them in game too if I took more time to study the positions I am in.
- Overall this was a fun game.
- If anyone has questions or comments or would like to play some games with me, feel free to comment below or send me a PM. I am always looking for new people to play with.