Chess.com Dev Update: June 30, 2017
We have new goodies for everyone! Of course we've made lots of progress with our vue migration and adding multilingual content; those interested can read previous updates.
Today, we've going to talk about new stuff
First up, a brand spanking new smarter engine for drills! No longer will the engine just throw away it's extra pawn because it knows the position is drawn anyway! Instead, its going to hang on to it's extra pawn for dear life and let you learn how to accurately defend in the process!
Check out this Distant Opposition drill to see it in action!
- Have trouble figuring out which opening is best for you? Our newest addition to Opening Explorer makes finding the right opening a snap!
Now our opening explorer comes complete with descriptions along with Pros & Cons for each opening!
Don't worry if your favorite opening doesn't have a description yet! We are adding more all the time!
- Do you play a lot of Thematic Tournaments? They really are a great way to hone your repertoire and now, its even easier to study your results! Thematic games are now included in the Game Explorer. Just don't forget to change the setting from Master Games to My Games.
We fixed a lot of bugs and made improvements this week in Live. Big stuff around the corner!
- Those of you with 100s of friends were suffering lag, but not any more! We changed the logic for how friends load to speed up your connection!
- Like to see when your friends login/log out but hate having toaster pop up stack up the screen? Not an issue now as we've limited the number of pop ups displayed at one time!
- Now if you meant to create a private analysis board but accidently created a public one, you can easily fix it without having to close the board and start over!
Just change it from the settings!
3.6.17 has been released for iOS. No, its not the big one with all the cool stuff--C'mon Apple! Approve it already!--but we did fix some pesky bugs!
Be sure to upgrade the app for the best performance!
Interested in helping test the next release before it hits the store? Join the iOS club for details
Our Android app is rocking multilingual! We just released 3.5.6 which makes articles available in more languages than ever!
Be sure to download the new upgrade!
We mentioned that 3.5.5 increased the app's stability and we have the data to show just how much now!
The number of crashes has... Well... crashed!
Looking to be "in the know" for coming Android updates? Join the Chess.com Android Club for details!
As always, if you have suggestions or bugs to report use the HELP icon in the navigation, or on mobile, Send Feedback in the Settings.
Thanks for your support!