There is a list of top volcanoes that seem dangerous, but personally, I think some are missing from the list.
Here is the list
- Avachinsky-Koryaksky, Kamchatka, Russia
- Nevado de Colima, Jalisco and Colima, Mexico
- Mount Etna, Sicily, Italy
- Galeras, Nariño, Colombia
- Mauna Loa, Hawaii, USA
- Mount Merapi, Central Java, Indonesia
- Mount Nyiragongo, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Mount Rainier, Washington, USA
- Sakurajima, Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan
- Santamaria/Santiaguito, Guatemala
- Santorini, Cyclades, Greece
- Taal Volcano, Luzon, Philippines
- Teide, Canary Islands, Spain
- Ulawun, New Britain, Papua New Guinea
- Mount Unzen, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan
- Vesuvius, Naples, Italy
These volcanoes are dazngerous as they are near large centers of population
However, I think we should be watching some other volcanoes.
* The supervolcano at Yellowstone. If it blows, say goodbye to America
*The supervolcano at Lake Toba, which has forced humanity through a bottleneck already
The underwater volcanoes erupting in Tonga, which are on going
The Chaitian volcano presently erupting, which looks as if it may go critical.
Watch these volcanoes carefully, and hope they don't produce a huge or super eruption.
Most catastrophic eruptions come from long dormant volcanoes, and these also need to be watched.