600 hours with chess
Just a quick note, to say I passed 600 hours with chess today. It's been 15 days since I passed 500 hours, so I average about 50 hours weekly. Pretty good. Especially considering having three days without power, heat and running water, due to heavy snowfall.
It's wicked. I "feel" like I'm improving, but my rating doesn't really reflect this. Actually, it has declined lately. Admittedly, I do experiment a lot when I play. Trying to win, yes, but trying things out more.
My 600 hours are distributed like this:
- 226 hours of turn-based games
- 80 hours of blitz games (3-14 minutes)
- 34 hours of rapid games (15-60 minutes)
- 8 hours of OTB games
- 49 hours of Tactics Trainer
- 9 hours of Chess Mentor
- 61 hours of studying theory
- 73 hours of studying openings
- 24 hours of analyzing own games
- 14 hours of looking at classic games
- 22 hours of Computer Workout, coaching and more
So, 58 % of my time with chess is play, 42 % is studying.
Now, it's time for a 30-minute live game.