How to Play vs. Computer from a Specific Position
You can open a specific position and play it against the computer by opening a specific chess.com web address that includes a game's FEN (board position).
- Open Chess.com >>Analysis Board & Editor<<.
- Click "Position Setup".
- Setup the desired position (drap/drop pieces). Don't forget to select Side to Move and Castling options.
- Click "Copy FEN to Clipboard".
- Hightlight the FEN text and copy it to your computer's clipboard (Ctrl-C for PC's).
- Open a new browser window.
- Paste this address into your address bar: http://ww.chess.com/play/computer.html?pop=x&fen=
- Then paste the FEN that you just copied to your clipboard (in step 5) to the end of that address. For example: http://www.chess.com/play/computer.html?pop=x&fen=2b2rk1/2p1qpp1/1r6/1p1Bp2N/p3P1n1/3P4/PP1Q1PP1/2R1K2R w K - 0 1