In less than half an hour, Danny and I will contest chess.com's inaugural Death Match, a 3-hour bonanza of chess, sweat, and tears. All levels of members can watch by going to www.chess.com/tv. This is our latest attempt to advance chess entertainment, so we'd really like to get some feedback on:
- Is this interesting? Dramatic?
- Is 1 1 a good time control or would you suggest another one?
- Is 3 hours a good length of time for the match? We wanted something where fitness and stamina would play a role in the contest.
- What players would you like to see in future death matches?
- Would you prefer to hear the players' banter or commentators' analysis?
- How should the prize money be distributed? (Currently it is 50% for the winner, and 50% divided according to percent score).
- Do you have any ideas that would make the event even better?
Thanks! Any feedback would be appreciated. We're hoping to bring you some really great events throughout 2012.