Dreams & Missed Opportunities
- I learnt from this game that even when White has gained the pawn break C4-C5 that he should not instantly take the D6 pawn. This is a rookie mistake. Instead I should attempt to build the pressure.
- Not be afraid of the F7-F5-F4 pawn push! Despite being scary for the bishop on D3 "If moved to Bd3" There are a few tricks to avoid the bishop being pushed back to C1.
- I have also learnt and seen the important knight moves that are common on the queenside, as well as kingside after the F5 push..
- Lastly, I should be looking for moves that affect one side quickly, in these types of quick wing attacks.
- In addition, to improve my endgame skill and understanding. Sometimes I need to step back and realise which are weak pieces that could drop very easily.
Now after highlighting this information, I should be consider looking into endgame technique and try to improve on that as well as calculation abilities. This should help me notice moves more and become more board aware. Hopefully...till next time.