Daily analysis, 2013-07-09
Here is a game I played on GameKnot to check out their interface (pretty good, I was pleased). I play black.
Post game thoughts: this game showed a few things
- I am sometimes unaware of the effect of my moves on my pawn structure and of the weaknesses in that structure.
- Before I play my moves, I should take more time to see if I'm leaving an pieces en prise.
- I should continue doing tactics puzzle as I saw the King+Knight fork very quickly.
- Resigning after losing the second pawn as I felt like doing would've prevented me from turning the game around and feeling good about it.
- Even if you don't see the moves much in advance (or even if you see them only after the game), they teach you something.