Today I'll be posting a series of tactical puzzles and the idea of each tactic. These puzzles/positions are for beginner players rating below 1400.
For basic strategies and tactics view, http://isolatedqueenpawn.blogspot.in/2014/03/chess-for-dummies-part-3.html
1. Forks, white to move and fork.
2. Pin + Fork, white to move and win Queen
5. Skewer + transpose to simple king-pawn end game
7. Discovered attack followed by checkmate in 3 moves
8. Discovered check + winning the queen
Do let me know what you think about my writings.
Follow me on twitter @TanayHH