A few weeks ago, after the last tournament I played in, I wanted to find a decent opening solution for black, as in 5 rounds of play I played 3 French Exchanges as Black. I just wanted to try something new, that sort of incorporated a good chunk of other openings that I have been studying as a replacement. Mainly: KID, Benko, Pirc/Modern, Sicilian Dragons.
To my surprise, the book "The Sniper" fit this exact requirement. To get a feel for it, even before reading the main chapters, I played out some blitz games after reading the Introduction. This was mainly to get a feel for which variations would occur, that I would likely encounter. Also to my surprise, this greatly differed as well. Lets look at a few setups White can choose from
- "The Sniper" is Available on Amazon at http://amzn.to/21ITPz1
- Chess Sniper on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SniperChess
- On DVD - https://www.ichess.net/shop/the-white-sniper-fm-charlie-storey/
- My Blog - http://mychessbooks.com
- Silman's Review of The Sniper http://dev.jeremysilman.com/shop/pc/Sniper-The-p3800.htm