Live Sessions 03 - My kingdom for a horse! :) - Part 1
"A horse, A horse, My kingdom for a horse!"
-- From Shakespeare's Richard III, 1591
It's always nice to fork your opponent's King & Queen with your Knight (and I prefer to use the word 'Horse' instead of 'Knight'), but it's even more beautiful to checkmate your opponent with your Horse, isn't it?
Here are some puzzles from my Live Blitz and Bullet games related to this "Horse-mate" theme. There are quite a lot of them here (and also with many human blunders), but you don't need to solve all of the puzzles in a row - feel free to do as many as you want and come back another time to solve the rest.
After you solve the puzzle(s), you can also replay the whole Live game(s) (with all the blunders...) by clicking on the "MOVE LIST" button that appears at each of the solved puzzles.
And - Enjoy the chess beauty of all the final Horse-mate positions!
1. Get some warm-up (The basics) - 5 puzzles
2. At the back rank & at the edge - 6 puzzles
And... In the Part 2 of this blog follows:
3. At the back rank again - 4 puzzles
4. You have lost your queen and still wanna win? - 2 puzzles
5. Lost in space - 5 puzzles
6. Evans gambit exposed - 1 puzzle
1. Get some warm-up (The basics)
Game 1.1 - The Classics
Game 1.2 - Another Classics
Game 1.3 - The Basics (Tempo 1 min. + 0 sec.)
Game 1.4 - Luck (Tempo 1 min. + 0 sec.)
Game 1.5 - The endgame...
2. At the back rank & at the edge