James Mason vs Alexander Fritz
Aug 14, 2017, 9:34 AM 0
London System Game 1
- Mason's Bf4 is met with the symmetrical bishop development 2...Bf5
- With 11.Nd4! Mason secures the Bishop Pair, but then 13. Bd3 needlessly exchanges a Bishop.
- Black's 14...f5?! creates a backward e6 pawn which Mason lines up on the e-file with 17.Rfe1 and 19.Rae1.
- Mason's tactic 22.Nxd5 allows his Rooks to break into the black position.
- After Black's defensive error 23...Kf8?, Mason's 25.Re5! and 28.Rxh7 exploited the vulnerable black kingside and lack of harmony among his major pieces.