Week #2 | New Players & Teams Welcome
Week # 1 was a huge success! Competition was tough and players competed individually and for teams "4 Friends"
You can join us for the entire 6 week season or play week by week!
You may also register new teams as the season progresses!
(Please see full information below)
We hope you can join us on Saturdays,
3 Round Quads | Game 70, D5
After a smashing success in our inaugural Fall season (read about it) we are now introducing our new Winter season! We have added several tweaks including the amazing team component with prizes along with a shorter season and tiered individua cash prizes! (See Full Information Below)
How it works:
Players will be paired in quads of 4, starting with 4 highest registered players based on their last month published rating and continuing down to 1000 USCF. Once your quads rounds games are complete, the next round will begin. You may leave on the completion of your quad. Walk-ins are permitted but they must register before 9.45 am. 1st round will start at 10 AM Sharp.
*Weekly prizes of $25 for any player going 3 - 0!
PS 111, 440 West 53rd St, NYC
Winter Fantasy Season (6 Weeks) - Starting February 7th
- February 7 - Results
- February 14
- February 21
- March 7th
- March 14th
- March 28th
Spring Blitz Championships
- April 11th
NEW - TEAM PRIZES
Teams can consist of any 4 "Friends" Rated Between 1000-2100 USCF! The Team accumulating the most points for the Season Win!!!
Participating Teams will create a team name and submit their participating player roster on site to the tournament director.
Team scores are not counted retroactive. In order to receive points towards your team, you must submit the team roster prior to round # 1 of that weeks tournament. New teams can join at any point in the season.
1st Prize: Helicopter for up to 6 (2 Adult Chaperons) and fly high above New York City's Skyline, viewing landmarks and our Home Town as you never have before!!!
2nd Prize: Pizza Party for the Team Held Village Chess @ Zinc w/ Chess NYC Master Coach
3rd Prize: Pizza Party for the Team Held Village Chess @ Zinc
HUGE SEASON ENDING PRIZE FUND!
- 6 points for a win
- 3 points for a drew
- 1 point for a loss
Season Ending Point Conversion:
Max Points = 6 Weeks * 18 points (Perfect Score) = 108
- 30 - 40 Points Accumulated = $1 Per Point ($10)
- 41 - 50 Points Accumulated = $2 Per Point ($20)
- 51- 60 Points Accumulated = $3 Per Point ($30)
- 61 - 70 Points Accumulated = $4 Per Point ($40)
- 71 - 80 Points Accumulated = $5 Per Point ($50)
- 81 - 90 Points Accumulated = $50 Per Point ($500)
- 91 - 100 Points Accumulated = $75 Per Point ($750)
- 101 - 108 Points Accumulated = $100 Per Point ($800)
* Maximum Payout Per Player Total = $2200 + Weekly Bonus Prize (6 x $25) = $2340
* The money specified per point is only for the associated ranges
Things to note:
- No byes permited
- Lunch will not be served
- Pairings will be based on current month's published ratings
- If a player is late for the start of a round (indicated by the TD) their clock will be started
- 3 Rounds Quads, G70, D5
- 9:45 Registration Closes for Walk-ins
- 1st Round @ 10 AM Sharp
- 2nd and 3rd Rounds will begin at the completion of your quads previous round
- You may leave upon the completion of your quad
- Special analysis will be available on site
Please Bring your Own Clocks