How to install ChessBase Reader (freeware) in Mac OS
I have just upgraded Mac to macOS Sierra and all this is still working.
1. You will need brew - download it at http://brew.sh
2. Follow the step by step instruction at https://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/ to install wine
3. Download ChessBase Reader (freeware) from https://en.chessbase.com/pages/download
4. Run the .msi file with "wine msiexec Setup.msi" command
5. Run ChessBase right after installation or run it from the folder where you installed it, for example, as following:
6. David Baumgold in the manual above also gives some tips on how to set up a Dock icon for your Windows program.
Well, now I can read ChessBase files in Mac OS!